Anybody ridden both a B-King and a 'Busa?

blusmbl

Registered
Most specifically, what's the legroom like on the B-King? Better or worse than the Hayabusa? Buell peg mod equally effective on both? I'm intruiged by the riding position, and the appeal of slightly better handling... not to mention there still seem to be new 08's in dealers!

Thanks,
Nick

I've sat on a couple, no rides yet. Felt alot more comfortable than my 08 Busa, I'de have one if I had the cash.

I owned a B-King and now have a busa, and i miss my King it did everything as well as the busa and some things better. The only thing the busa does better is block the wind at speed. you wont be dissapointed with a b-king

I own a a Gen 1 Busa and a B King. The Leg Room on the B King is Better than the Busa. Buells work on the B King just fine ( I went with the MFW Vario Pegs) and if you have a longer lower leg you may your knees bumping into the scoops on the side of the tank making the bike feel wider than it is.
The riding position on the B King is great! The wide bars, and upright seating position make it a dream in traffic. You can see everything without straining. The B King handles Very Well for a machine of it size But the Busa remains my choice for the twisties . The Ride of the B King with it's slightly longer Chassis eats up bumps better than the the Busa .
Also at speeds above 120 the wind on the B King can get intimidating.
One other thing to consider is that the Pillion on the B King is less comfy than the Busa so if you see yourself riding 2 up a lot you may want to take that into consideration.
I love my B King , worse thought is my Wife loves my B King so I don't get to ride it as much cause she rides it.
Oh and You are right if a dealer has one , HE WANTS IT GONE! and there are some great deals to be had. Mine came off the floor with the Two Brothers Tail tidy and sliders for just over $8500 You will not go wrong with the B King!

Thanks everyone for the responses. The passenger seat may be a deal breaker, I'll have to see what the girlfriend's thoughts are. Otherwise it sounds like exactly what I want... Hayabusa performance without the sportbike discomfort. :D

I put 250 miles/5 hours in on mine on Saturday, and wanted to get off of it more than anything in the world. I don't know how everybody can do 500+ mile days on a Busa and call it comfortable!

Ive heard they ride nice,,if my memory serves me right,,it does have the busa motor on it,but its the tamed down version tho,,,,,,,and if that dealer has a left over one,,,,sounds like the sales tilted in your favor,and The busa motor has aa nice track record of being built nice,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Ive heard they ride nice,,if my memory serves me right,,it does have the busa motor on it,but its the tamed down version tho,,,,,,,and if that dealer has a left over one,,,,sounds like the sales tilted in your favor,and The busa motor has aa nice track record of being built nice,,,,,,,,
Mechanically it is a part by part copy of the Busa. The ECU is different and 2nd Gear is a bit neutered . Boost by Smith has a simple ECU flashing Kit that Resolves any tuning concerns you may have.

>it does have the busa motor on it,but its the tamed down version tho

Nope! The motor is IDENTICAL to that in the 2nd generation Hayabusa. Only differences are a slightly more restrictive intake and exhaust.

The riding position on the B-King is, in a word, outstanding. I've ridden almost 500 miles in one day without complaint, while my sport bike riding buds were all wringing their hands and complaining how uncomfortable they were after not much more than 100-150 miles.

As far as handling is concerned(between the B-King and the Hayabusa); on the street, in everyday riding conditions, it will come down, as it usually does, to rider ability. In other words, you won't be disappointed with the handling of the King. In fact, it handles way better than it has a right to, considering it's length and heft.

As a bonus, you won't see a bunch of other bikes like it on the road. In fact, you might not see even one other B-King on the road, depending on where you live. If you are a semi outgoing person, and like to meet new people, this is a good thing as you're going to have to get used to answering lots of questions about your bike when you stop for fuel or a bite to eat.

I still have to make it up to the dealer that supposedly had one to sit on it. I rode my buddy's Honda 919 today, I liked the seating position, but missed my snappy 'busa power. :D His bike felt very light and nimble compared to what I had, if the B-king rides like that it might be enough to get me to switch. I still need to see what the lack of wind protection feels like on the freeway, too. My 550 won't do much past 90, I don't think it's too bad up to that point though.

If you are tall or have long leg's they're NOT going to be a good fit
under the B-Kings tank sides. You can lower the peg's which helps
but I wouldn't want to lose anymore ground cleance myself.

I rate the Busa's pillion seat as waaaaaay better than the B-King.
My Mrs pillioned Busa's for years but has given up on the B-King.
Seat is small and high, no grab rail, high fot pegs and the shape of
the bike makes it hard for them to grip with their legs. Might be OK for
cruising or commuting but not if your out to play and having fun.

B-King has a nice riding position (if it suits you) I did 760k's / 470 miles
of twistys chasing sportsbikes recently. Great day out.
I do a regular 395 mile run up the coast through the twistys and open
sweepers. Suits the bike well.

The B-King motor IS 100% Mk2 Hayabusa. All mod's are external,
pipe, ECU, airbox, etc etc.

B-King is also longer and heavier than a Busa which is a shame.

One down side to me is the B-Kings 16.5ltr tank. No prob's around urban
area's but becomes a concern if you like clocking up some miles.

Still a great bike. I rate it as the the best Off the shelf naked.

just a quick note on the weight. Swapping out to set of slip ons will save you 30 to 35 pounds.

That's very true.
Under the long rear guard there is also a steel subframe that you can bin too.

Unfortunatly mine are on to stay.
Cop's around here are getting VERY touchy about aftermarket pipes.
My B-King is my stock as a rock legal bike....for now.

Something most non-owners dont realise is the big blunderbuss things
out the back aren't exhausts, just dummy plastic covers.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

...and just to comment on one of the other threads,
The B-King hasn't ceased production. Its just been dropped in the US.
Blue/White is the 2010 colour.

Tony just a quick Question for you. Is it the law where you are that you can not use and aftermarket exhaust? Here in New Hampshire we have to conform to noise guidelines (rarely enforced) but there is no legislation I am aware of stating that the bike has to have a stock exhaust.

You can buy and fit after market pipes here.
Lot's of folk do. 3 of my bikes have them.

Recently cop's have been being an arse. Clamping down a lot.
If you have a quiet (as original factory spec) pipe your fine.
Loud pipes get a fine and you lose points off you licence.
Sometimes they dont bother, other times they are strict.

Lot's of folks take the risk. I used too, but have lost most of my
points through speeding, so its not worth me losing my licence over
a loud pipe.

Bad news is a 2nd offence, they can confiscate your bike for 48 hours
if they wish. 3rd offence its off to court and you might lose your bike....for ever!
This is quite rare, but can happen. Local lad lost a B-King for minor tickets.

All recent Australian bikes carry a plate or sticker that list's the bike original factory db level.

Another regular ticket here is for short rear guards / fenders.
Anything shorter than an angle of 45-degree's to the rear spindle can get a ticket.
Again, most folk dont care, a few get tickets here and there.
Many get away with it for years.

Out with the boy's.
3 legal pipes and fenders, 3 illegal.

Last edited:
More pics of the bike please?! :bowdown::bowdown:

Original coloues were Black, or Black/Silver.
Some Suzuki info list's a white but cant find any info in any country except
one off custom job's. Maybe it was never produced.

Not sure which country got the Blue/White but its a current 2010 model here.

2010-b-king.jpg

b-king-2010.jpg

Lots of folk seem to be getting paint job's done.........

The blue/white and Red look wonderful!

Thanks for the review. I have a 34" inseam so I'm a little worried about leg space. Although, I have hope that it's more than a 'busa. Still need to go find a dealer that has one.

A dealer ad in the sales section of an Aussie bike-trader mag....

A quick review by Shawn Giles, Aussie Superbike champ....

Back