Any synthetic oil sales going on?

mgnsn24

Registered
Have to change oil real soon and was hoping to get the best deal out there! Please post if you know where i can get a good deal from. Thanks

I just got an email that Amsoil is going up 3-8 % on July 1, so if you are wanting some.....

I just got an email that Amsoil is going up 3-8 % on July 1, so if you are wanting some.....

Just switched to this last wkend and it really is a huge difference from suzuki oil. Guess i gotta stock up b4 july :banghead:

Sent from HTC Inspire

This Rotella stuff. Is this stuff all right? I'd rather pay another $30 or so on oil and have the confidence that I'm putting the best oil in there for the bike's longtivity. That is most important to me. But I also would rather spend less and save if i can. I heard people that use the amsoil and change every 5k or would it be just as good as i used the rotella and change every 3k. I know this just another dumb oil tread but I just want to make the right decision here.

I run the rotella T it no probs in mine. Had it in there for 7k with the turbo too. No clutch problems. I change it every 3 still no complaints. I would recommend it.

i didn't see any rotella motorcycle oil at my nearest walmart. how is the gallon container labeled exactally?

i didn't see any rotella motorcycle oil at my nearest walmart.

That's because there is no such thing as Rotella motorcycle oil.

Shell Rotella T oils are designed for diesel engines.

They still work in bikes, obviously... or at least, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to that effect.

Wikipedia (Shell Rotella T):

Though marketed as an engine oil for diesel trucks, Rotella oil has found popularity with motorcyclists as well. The lack of "friction modifiers" in Rotella means they do not interfere with wet clutch operations. (This is called a "shared sump" design, which is unlike automobiles which maintain separate oil reservoirs - one for the engine and one for the transmission). Used oil analysis (UOA) reports on BobIsTheOilGuy.com have shown wear metals levels comparable to oils marketed as motorcycle-specific.

JASO-MAJASO is an acronym that stands for "The Japanese Automotive Standards Organization." Among other things, they set standards for oil to be used in motorcycles.

Shell Rotella T 15W-40 conventional oil now lists on its packaging JASO MA as one of the specifications it meets, as does the Rotella website product page:

Note that the 10W-30 conventional oil does not list JASO-MA.

The newer fully synthetic T6 5W-40 oil also lists JASO-MA compliance on its packaging and on the Rotella website.

based on the above. I assume the people here that use Rotella, are using the 5w-40 full synthetic? Or the non-syn.

Back