Any Spartanburg, SC members around?

TallTom

Registered
Hey I have a chance to get up to Spartanburg in about a week and I'm wondering if it is a nice place to get some good riding in? I can load the Busa up in the back of the truck and be able to enjoy some side trips while up there.

I will be coming up on Labor Day weekend and will be there for the week following so I could enjoy some Sat-Mon side trips and then day trips during the week. I am travelling on someone elses dime and so for me it will be like a vacation for the week.

So any board members up that way that can give me the low down on the area and things to do etc.? Little day trips or even a 2 dayer type thing?

Spartans?:lol:

post-12-92629-SPARTA_2.gif

Isn't that close enough to Asheville, maybe even hit the Gap...

I live in Greer, SC which is right next to Spartanburg. There is some good riding around. Especially if you head torward the mountains. Ceasers Head is a good ride, I would also check out White Water Falls road. Its off of Hwy 11 heading torward NC. Deals Gap really isnt that far of a ride either.

Try taking Hwy 11 to 178 into Conyers (I think thats the name of the town), then take 64 to hwy 215. Thats a great ride. You can also get on to the Blue Ridge Parkway from 215.

I will be out of town the weekend you will be here. I am heading to the AMA superbike races at Road Atlanta.

PM me if you have any questions, i'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Busaman5000. TY very much sir this is exactly the type info I was hoping for. More info like this guys and girls.

Back