Any major differences between '03 and '05's?

FJRider

Registered
I'm considering a new-in-crate 2003. Besides color, any there any major differences between a 2003 and 2005?

Just colors and the 05's have clear turn signal lenses
wink.gif

Flash-to-pass switch, four-way hazard lights, and a relay that doesn't power the headlight up until the engine starts.

Not sure what they're asking for the '03, but just remember that once the bike leave the showroom...it is still an '03 and is only worth the listed NADA value. Don't let them charge you anything more than that. I fell into that BS trap in '87 when I bought a "new-in-the-crate" '83 Virago-920. I got screwed when I went to sell it.

There aren't many differences other than what was already mentioned though. Good Luck.

Well I am an owner of a blk/silver 03 myself. I am not sure what color your is whether but I can tell ya from my experience the blk and silver scheme has caught so much attention for me since I had it that it's almost ridiculous! It would be well worth getting the 03 cuz there are like no changes on the bike really to make me wanna pay high dollar for an 05. If you can save some serious dough jump on the 03 RIGHT NOW

Well I am an owner of a blk/silver 03 myself. I am not sure what color your is whether but I can tell ya from my experience the blk and silver scheme has caught so much attention for me since I had it that it's almost ridiculous! It would be well worth getting the 03 cuz there are like no changes on the bike really to make me wanna pay high dollar for an 05. If you can save some serious dough jump on the 03 RIGHT NOW
I got the same color and besides being the fastest they are dead sexy
biggrin.gif

I got the same color and besides being the fastest they are dead sexy
biggrin.gif
Uh, yup!
super.gif

Hell yeah boys........the black/greys are in the house today! haha. You know honestly though and I know this is gonna start the whole color dispute but Suzuki has yet to put a color on the busa that looks better than this one. I mean it just looks so street fighter mean it's ridiculous. I don't even wanna custom paint it I love my paint and graphics so much. Bad azz mo fugger!

Id buy the 03' over an 05' if the price was right..say $8500ish.

I am surprised there are any 03's left though!

Well the new-in-the-crate 2003 LE (orange) on eBay is up to $9200 now, with several days of bidding left to go!  Great color but no way I'm paying that much for an '03 and getting stuck behind that financial eight-ball.  NADA shows the '03 @ $7815.  Guess it'll be an '05 for me!  Now more decisions.... blue/gray or the LE?
tounge.gif

Oh , id pay 10K for a new in crate LE...a new Busa is a new Busa..you dont buy a bike for its resale value anyways. You always lose money and at least that particular model will hold its value slightly better.

Hello board I don't get much time to make myself known on here as much as I should but let me share with you a little something, I purchase an 03 still in the crate in 04 and after going to war with the dealership and letting them understand there are other leftover bikes out there I got the bike for $9500, to me that was a decent deal, it might be in the crate but they should only sell it according to the NADA, but some do get away with selling it at new bike price, if you are financing and your bank/financial institution is looking out for you will get a sweet deal, don't set yourself up for failure for a motorcycle they come a dime a dozen if you really do you research.

<!--EDIT|OTTBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119323882 -->

Well the new-in-the-crate 2003 LE (orange) on eBay is up to $9200 now, with several days of bidding left to go!  Great color but no way I'm paying that much for an '03 and getting stuck behind that financial eight-ball.  NADA shows the '03 @ $7815.  Guess it'll be an '05 for me!  Now more decisions.... blue/gray or the LE?
tounge.gif
If they don't come close to the NADA value, then just get the '05. It's base price here is $8995 before F+S+ Taxes...etc.

I prefer the Blu/Slv myself, that's why I bought it.

Back