Any experience with Michelins for drag?

Draco1340

Registered
I've given up on Shinko's after switching to Mickey Thompsons and making dramatic improvements on my 60". Unfortunatly I seem to be getting 30 really good passes (1.38 to 1.40 shorts) followed by 10 - 20 so-so passes (1.42 to 1.44 shorts) follwed by useless wheelspin all the way down the track. When a Mickey is gone its completely gone. I've also had problems with chunking. I still feel they are a great tire for a couple of races, but its anoying for an amateur like myself. At the last AMA race I saw many riders running the Michelin and wanted to get some first hand feedback on grip, short times, and expected life. I think its the power race that was used on most of the real street bikes. Any feedback??

The new Michelin Power One's are supposed to be the bomb(just put a pair on mine but i only street ride),Dragbike.com ran a post on them a couple weeks ago(think it was about the Pingel Thundernationals and something like 24 out of 26 riders were using them).

No experience with dragging, but what you've observed and the article should be useful.

Michelin Power 1 is the tire..I have new sv(street) version and some race versions of the street one their using,tire has great traction,last longer and even after 70+ passes RMR is still getting 1.2x sixty ft's..

I also have some pirelli scuffs also I'm getting ready to ebay...

Daniel e-mail me and let me know the prices on thepower1..Also the pirelli scuffs..Thank's.This is Hoot..Sloandogman@yahoo..I will get back with you

hoot here is a link to things I got left,only got a few michelins this time,they boxed and shipping tomorrow..If anyone needs something all info is there..

the Shinko is a tire that will by far work for th emajority of th eracer out there...it is less exspenve and will last a very long time..80 plus passes on alot of racers bikes we have them on...this is the U SOFT i speak of....the P1 is also a very good tire...but cost nearly $100 more than the SHinko....the Mickey is well...just to much money and will NOT last long at all..

SpencerCycle.com IS the Official Shinko Racer Support Representative for AMA Dragbike...BUT we sell all brands EXCEPT the M/T Brand.

The P1's are on national b/o right now....but our price on the 190/50/17 is $223.00 shipped to your door (lower 48 usa ) the Shinko 190 U Soft is $134.99 shipped

We do however have the P1's in the180/55/17 and190/55/17 for the same price...

FYI...the MCr2 M/T is a special built tire for drag racing and it should increase your hooking up...however it will decrease your pocket book...

Daniel e-mail me and let me know the prices on thepower1..Also the pirelli scuffs..Thank's.This is Hoot..Sloandogman@yahoo..I will get back with you

Yeah cuz you ain't fast enough..........:rofl:
Curious to see what you can do with either one though...

i use the older power one race soft and its awesome. lighter than a shinko and sticker but also higher also a 180 is lighter and hooks just as good

Back