Another warm day . . . another mountain ride!

Hey I just bought a GSXR750L for $1000, fairings are damaged but she's all there!
Have a look at this...
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1555620140
Can't wait to pick it up this Saturday, it's in Oamaru, 240kms south of me, but it'll be a nice wee excursion for me and my mate. It'll be a winter project for sure. :thumbsup: :beerchug:
1520209934355.png

1520209881788.png

1520209500156.png

Last edited:
I have only one picture of the bike , on my old phone (Nokia) , so I am charging it now to see if I can retrieve it .
My mate now owns it , bought it off me in around '94 ish . I could ask him to send me a pic of it when he last had it together , see how I go . I , myself was not big on taking pictures , didn't own a camera back then , and no mobile phones of course . I have a poor picture record of my bikes , and feel like I might have taken things for granted a bit . Anyway , yes got a few of the slingshot types already posted up elsewhere , and the L was basically the best , but with the K frame with Yoshimura ride height adjuster fitted was the ultimate for that later breed 1100 IMHO . The G,Hand J were the classics and if you can find a mint or close to it , well good investment I'd say .

Cool! thanks for the info, we would love to see the pic!

Hey I just bought a GSXR750L for $1000, fairings are damaged but she's all there!
Have a look at this...
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1555620140
Can't wait to pick it up this Saturday, it's in Oamaru, 240kms south of me, but it'll be a nice wee excursion for me and my mate. It'll be a winter project for sure. :thumbsup: :beerchug:
View attachment 1579697
View attachment 1579696
View attachment 1579695
When will the busa swap happen? Can’t be to hard in those bikes can it???

Cool! thanks for the info, we would love to see the pic!
Great score on the 750 KiwiRider , are we looking at a potential 7/11 conversion bro ?? What a great project regardless , the '90 was a good year .
Now , no luck finding my original picture , but contacted my mate and he sent me a couple of pics of what it looks like now , with some bits that I had fitted missing or swapped out . The J I bought in hospital was actually a Gmodel updated to J 3 spoke wheels and black /white and red J colors . I had forgotten this fact . As I mentioned , I bought it while in hospital off my old mate Big Al , who used to run 10.5 's all day everyday on it . Now my just wrecked G model featured fresh 1109 cc motor and I had a brand new Ohlins rear shock and L model 3 spoke 17" wheels offset custom yokes , RS38mm Mikunis, just already to fit up , ( lucky not fitted before crash ). So I swapped out the motors , fitted all the bits up and along with a Yoshi race pipe and it was painted blue /white and lite blue , ran 10.4 then was featured in a mag . After a while I fitted up new L750 USD front end machined to lower , with new offset custom yokes , black Marvic Deltas 3 spoke magnesium wheels , carbon front guard . The motor was ported , fitted with APE stainless valves and ti retainers and HD springs with Yoshi billet cams . The motor was hogged out to 1255cc , fitted with RS40 Mikunis and dyno'd on the first in Adelaide at 155 bhp and 92 ft lb and it ran 1st run 9.7 @ 143 mph with Big Al on it , my mate who owns it ran 9.90 on it , I had got that all mixed up on one of my earlier posts . Anyway It has been fitted up with modified OWO1 Yam tailpiece , and if you look at the rearsets , I had the same fellow who made the clamps make these and some othe bits and pieces . My mate is putting the old original tail section back on , which should look much better .View attachment 1579699
F7B22AA4-.jpg

7C6D5B41-.jpg

Great score on the 750 KiwiRider , are we looking at a potential 7/11 conversion bro ?? What a great project regardless , the '90 was a good year .
Now , no luck finding my original picture , but contacted my mate and he sent me a couple of pics of what it looks like now , with some bits that I had fitted missing or swapped out . The J I bought in hospital was actually a Gmodel updated to J 3 spoke wheels and black /white and red J colors . I had forgotten this fact . As I mentioned , I bought it while in hospital off my old mate Big Al , who used to run 10.5 's all day everyday on it . Now my just wrecked G model featured fresh 1109 cc motor and I had a brand new Ohlins rear shock and L model 3 spoke 17" wheels offset custom yokes , RS38mm Mikunis, just already to fit up , ( lucky not fitted before crash ). So I swapped out the motors , fitted all the bits up and along with a Yoshi race pipe and it was painted blue /white and lite blue , ran 10.4 then was featured in a mag . After a while I fitted up new L750 USD front end machined to lower , with new offset custom yokes , black Marvic Deltas 3 spoke magnesium wheels , carbon front guard . The motor was ported , fitted with APE stainless valves and ti retainers and HD springs with Yoshi billet cams . The motor was hogged out to 1255cc , fitted with RS40 Mikunis and dyno'd on the first in Adelaide at 155 bhp and 92 ft lb and it ran 1st run 9.7 @ 143 mph with Big Al on it , my mate who owns it ran 9.90 on it , I had got that all mixed up on one of my earlier posts . Anyway It has been fitted up with modified OWO1 Yam tailpiece , and if you look at the rearsets , I had the same fellow who made the clamps make these and some othe bits and pieces . My mate is putting the old original tail section back on , which should look much better .View attachment 1579699View attachment 1579700

View attachment 1579698
Mmmmmm... lovely lookin' bike, is that a touring seat on it? Or do ya just put a 3 inch gel pad in the bum of your pants lol?
As for the 7/11 conversion, nah, I've been there done that so it may be a 7/13 conv.
There's a 1475cc Busa engine on Trademe but holy shite is it expensive!!
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mo...95.htm?rsqid=63daec0eb7fb468e837101a522f1ceb8
If I could shoe-horn that baby into the GSXR frame I would have a frickin monster!!
He claims 230rwhp, imagine the wheelies! It would need a big chain and a very big back tyre and wheel.
But $12.5K, hmmmmm... a lot of dosh.
Your thoughts?

Mmmmmm... lovely lookin' bike, is that a touring seat on it? Or do ya just put a 3 inch gel pad in the bum of your pants lol?
As for the 7/11 conversion, nah, I've been there done that so it may be a 7/13 conv.
There's a 1475cc Busa engine on Trademe but holy shite is it expensive!!
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mo...95.htm?rsqid=63daec0eb7fb468e837101a522f1ceb8
If I could shoe-horn that baby into the GSXR frame I would have a frickin monster!!
He claims 230rwhp, imagine the wheelies! It would need a big chain and a very big back tyre and wheel.
But $12.5K, hmmmmm... a lot of dosh.
Your thoughts?
Forget shoe-horning it into the 750 , either fit it up to your Gen 1 for 'real works peformance' or get a cheap damaged repairable Busa and build yourself a monster hotrod custom to cruise around on . You can find a stop light drag every now and again and enter it in Harley shows to win 1st prize and their trophy .
As for the comfort of the ex bike I built , well my mate fit on it beter than me , but if he had my custom , food built padded ass , guess he might have launched more comfortably !! :thumbsup::p:laugh:

Today was warm and humid, little wind, partial puffy clouds and sunshine, perfect ride conditions.
My riding buddy showed at my place 11.45am.
We did a 90km ride to the historic Bealey Hotel in the Southern Alps stopping at Lake Pearson for refreshments.
Heres a link to the route
https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/D...7315eb6b4286e!2m2!1d171.6097927!2d-43.0214117

Then return journey to my pad for further refreshments and blue cheese sausages, field mushrooms and fries.
Oh and a coupl'a beers ......View attachment 1579613
At Lake Pearson
View attachment 1579614View attachment 1579615View attachment 1579616
Below is at the Historic Bealey Hotel, used to have stage coaches roll up there in the 1800's to take mostly gold miners to the West Coast.
View attachment 1579617View attachment 1579618View attachment 1579619View attachment 1579620View attachment 1579621View attachment 1579622View attachment 1579612
Below is a couple of Moa bird (extinct thanks to the original inhabitants of the land) effigies. 12ft tall and formidable creatures!
View attachment 1579624
'Busa parking.
View attachment 1579625

View attachment 1579623

Damn bro! If I look at our scenery here in Namibia and i see pictures like this ones you posted I feel bloody shy posting our scenery.... LOL! Stunning pictures man. Looks amazing that side of the world.....

Damn bro! If I look at our scenery here in Namibia and i see pictures like this ones you posted I feel bloody shy posting our scenery.... LOL! Stunning pictures man. Looks amazing that side of the world.....
Yeah mate, it is lovely here :beerchug:, we have everything from high mountain passes to rain forest to rolling green pastures all wrapped up in one small island 700km long and 300km across, downside is we live on an active earthquake fault line/ zone..... :confused:
If you ever want to come visit I'd be happy to show you around :thumbsup:

Yeah mate, it is lovely here :beerchug:, we have everything from high mountain passes to rain forest to rolling green pastures all wrapped up in one small island 700km long and 300km across, downside is we live on an active earthquake fault line/ zone..... :confused:
If you ever want to come visit I'd be happy to show you around :thumbsup:

I would like that bro! And a trip down there is definitly on my to do list in the future! Sooner or later..... That earthquake just sound scary man we dont get that here.

Kiwi, how long does it take to go from one side of New Zealand to the other?
Well, in the south island it takes about 2 and a half hours at the narrowest point, half way down the island.

In the north island it can be 5 hours across the widest point and 15 minutes across the narrowest point.
Check it out on google maps sattelite view.

Don't worry about paybacks please bro , I'm sure we all don't want to hear how you sailed past the law at 300 kph on your local autobahn , and continued happily with your summer ride !! Wait on , yes we do want to hear all that and more bro !! Awesome :thumbsup:
You're right! I won't go on about it. It is nice.

Back