Another rider down...

Bird Hunter

Donating Member
Registered
Just saw where a bike has gone down and the rider killed, on the "Angeles Crest Highway" in SoCal less than an hour ago.. It is a very popular highway for sportbikes as it is pretty twisty.. I love and hate this time of year because it is a great time of year to be out riding, but the bad part is you start hearing about all the bikes going down and riders being killed as well.... Be careful out there peeps...

RIP Rider...

RIP
please.gif

There is too much of this happening already!

R.I.P.

Condolences to the family and friends

Sad.
heart_broke.gif
I don't see this changing anytime in the near future as long as people can buy Ferrari fast motorcycles for a fraction of what a Ferrari would cost and don't have any more rider training than the rider's license test.

CHP report cites two motorcycles totalled. They rolled a coroner, but I don't know if it was one or two fatalities...

ACH is a tricky road that too many people use as a racetrack. There are parts of that road where high-speed mistakes are almost a guaranteed fatality - not to mention the other drivers crossing the double yellow around the tight, blind corners that can take even a day of easy riding and turn it into a bit of a nightmare.

There's a reason to avoid that road on the weekends and holidays, not to mention that this is also the beginning of the "silly-season" where people fly into SoCal, rent a heavy bike (usually a Harley) and decide to ride the canyons...lots of corners run wide, bikes in ditches, etc.

Be careful out there....

It always saddens me to hear things like this. I live about 15 monutes from there and have only rode there once. Thats all it took for me. Alot of kids go up there and ride like their bullet proof and put innocent lifes in jeopardy not to mention that a lot of cars use it as a alternative to the freeway as a shortcut.

Be careful out there peeps. To many riders are going down these days and it sucks
thumb_down.gif
. Ride safe.

please.gif

Back