Another one gone today...

chowda633

Registered
Buddies where riding in Middletown, RI today and saw this:

What a crazy day. Me and Bruce took the women out on a bike ride today.
Riding through Middletown we seen a helmet in the middle of the road along with bike parts laying everywhere. There was one guy (Who I assume was the victims riding buddy) running around looking for his friend who just got hit on the bike. We must have passed by only seconds after this happened. At the time we weren't really sure what had just happened. Coming back on the way home the cops had the street closed off so it looks like the dude ended up dying.

Then in Portsmouth also on the way home we are riding (now with matt as he met up with us) and we go by a cop sitting off to the side of the road. We weren't speeding or anything but the cop did pull out and was a couple of cars behind us at a red light. The light turns green and we start going, I look in the rear view and the cop is trying to pass the car behind us so he can get directly behind us and pull us over. Just as that happens I look ahead at the other lane of traffic and a Dodge Caravan slams into the rear end of another car. Air bags deploy and all. The cop see's the whole thing, throws on his lights and stops where the accident happens. So we literally got our asses saved because of another collision that happened.

Odd day indeed.

This is the result of the bike accident...

Man dies after motorcycle crash
15 hours ago ago from Media General - Turnto10.com

NBC 10 News Published: July 26, 2009 MIDDLETOWN, R.I. A man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Middletown, police said Saturday. Police said the accident happened shortly after 3 p.m., at the intersection of Aquidneck and Prospect Avenues. The accident sent the driver to Newport Hospital where he later died. The victim's name is being withheld.

Here is the update. Almost guarantee no helmet...

MIDDLETOWN, R.I. - - A 62-year-old man from Massachusetts was killed Saturday near the intersection of Aquidneck and Prospect Avenues after he lost control of his motorcycle, hit the curb and was thrown from the bike, according to the police.

The Middletown Fire Department transported Gregory Milane of North Easton, Mass., to Newport Hosptial but he died before he arrived, according to Lt. Robert S. Nutt, of the Middletown Police.

Nutt said at about 3:05 p.m. Milane was riding his motorcycle around a corner on Aquidneck Avenue headed northbound when he lost control of the bike. He mounted the sidewalk along the guardrail, was ejected from the bike, struck the guardrail and landed in a grassy area, Nutt said.

Nutt said speed may have been a factor in the accident. The investigation is continuing, he said.

Back