Another one bites the dust!

I definitely agree, but consulting fees are usually at least $200 an hour with a minimum of 2 hours. You could make a good bit of money there.:thumbsup:

When I got laid off a few years back due to the plant shutting down and they moved all there equipment to the new plant and did not allow any of the employees to move to the new plant because we made alot more money than the new guys, I ran into the same situation.

Having worked there for 20 years I knew all the tricks of the trade, The machines werent installed in there new plant 3 weeks and I got a phone call from one of my old foreman from years back asking me questions. I really liked this guy so offered to come over and take a look.

He showed me the problem and asked if I had any ideas.

I knew exactly what the problem was.

But let him know that I was now a consultant, He went and got the plant manager and we discussed a deal. He was unable to Rehire me due to a corporate mandate about severance package.

Anyway before it was all said and done. I walked out with $800.00 for what it took me 3 min to fix.

Plant Manager was really really pissed.

Told him if they had any other issues to feel free to call me. Free :rofl:

Good luck. At least you were already planning your exit so it wasn't a complete dissaster to your future plans. I would follow what Demmy said. Don't burn your bridge with them. They can call but for inform them that you would have to charge a consulting fee. I've done that with more than a few projects that I've completed and the cliet needed additional assistance/support.

Best of luck :thumbsup:

That's a true bummer. I always wonder why places are so cold that they let you take vacation spend all your money come back and then let you go.
They knew it before you left and should have let you know. That way you could still be in the Bahamas figuring things out. Bunch of dirty rats , I tell you !
Just not how to treat folks. Thanks for yrs of service now get out.
I hope your ex company gets bought by the Chinese and your ex boss gets his !

what kinda work do you do?

Sucks for the job but as said, probably not the guy you want to work for if he can "afford" to loose his best resource. When he calls, just let him know you are available for 2x your hourly rate.... let him know you will invoice him on net 0 terms, better yet let him know as soon as you see $X in your paypal you'll call him with answers :whistle:

That's a true bummer. I always wonder why places are so cold that they let you take vacation spend all your money come back and then let you go.
They knew it before you left and should have let you know. That way you could still be in the Bahamas figuring things out. Bunch of dirty rats , I tell you !
Just not how to treat folks. Thanks for yrs of service now get out.
I hope your ex company gets bought by the Chinese and your ex boss gets his !

Of course they knew, he said the reason he didn't want to tell me before vacation, was because they wanted to pay me for my weeks vacation. He also stated he wanted me to have a good time on vacation! I would have had a better time knowing before I left, he((, I could have just stayed there and been a cruise ship greeter or something. (Wife wouldn't have agreed to that though) well atleast I can get sme stuff around the house done that I haven't had time to do, and TRY to make up for the lost time over the last 11 months of the baby's life working 55-65 hours a week. Also, make it to my other daughters cheer competitions which I would have missed. Funny thing is I am tearing up typing this, not cause I'm sad for losing job, but it hurts to think how much I have not been there. Blessing in disguise!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Now you know brother, dont miss those times in life that your children will never forget. I have always honored and respected my father because there were times he drove 3 to 4 hours to get home to watch me play a baseball game. It would have been much easier for him to stay in a hotel with this co workers and came home on the weekends. Thanks Dad, I love you.

You know you are so right .
I walked away from the car biz for two reasons.
80hrs a week for ten yrs was killing me,
and I would leave before all woke and get home after most were asleep .
It brought me to tears to come home and to have missed a whole day again in both my kids lives. Now I work for myself and am completely physically broke but I am mentally rich cuz I fish with Adam in the morn before he goes to school , I pick my daughter up at two and we all get to eat dinner as a family now.

Can't pay me enough to give that up.
Your right it is someone above telling you to slow down and enjoy....

Sorry to hear about the news. I was actually thinking about not working 90 hours a week anymore to only bring home 5% of what I actually generate in sales @ service yearly. I got on Careerbuilders.com and sent out a few resume's. There are a ton of jobs paying above 100K for marketing and sales Directors and VP's of operations, sounds like you have the numbers to back it up. Got a call on my way to my son's birthday party, Saturday...with an amazing offer. Decisions.............

Will give you a ring mid-week. :beerchug: Think positive it will all work out. :beerchug:

Kewl, hope whatever u decide works out for you. Can't wait to hear from ya, excited to hear about bike.
I think I'm going to do a little work with one of my OLD part time employees, hahaha he's got his hand in tons of different businesses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I guess I'm not going to be unemployed for long. Basically got a job offer the other day. With oil and Gas company. Filled out paper work yesterday and meeting for second interview to discuss money.

Bad, I know how you feel. I have a pretty good feeling that I will be laid off from the school district that I work for. I am really hoping that it won't happen, but we will just have to wait and see.

Back