Another Officer - On His Worst Behavior

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Well, tis the season, I guess. This really hit home because I went to Prairie View, and even worse this is exactly the type of stuff that is unacceptable. Before I can call out any non-black person about their choice of words, I account for dudes like this. Sad the way some people think & act. We are our own worst enemy. Glad someone caught it on camera.

See for yourself:
Cop Taped Saying Racial Slur at Club | MyFoxHouston.com

Last edited:
sad though when a man speaks his mind, he's repremanded......kinda like bill cosby.

wife. grad. from PVAMU, nursing. says that school is wack.......lol

she won the student of the semester award, from the faculty. they spelled our last name wrong on the plaque.........lol

we won't get into the blantent racism shown to her (non-black)

Last edited:
Believe me there is racism on both sides in this country but you mostly only hear about the white on black not vice versa. Sad racism continues to be propagated....

A man or a woman should be judged on their deeds , their words and accomplishments. Who they are and what they are not the color of their skin.

I don't condone what the cop said but you take a black man saying that and it's okay. That my friends is what continues to propogate racism. If the words are vile and hateful then they are no matter which race and/or person says it. You fix that , apply societies rules evenly across the board and you'll begin to go down the road to uniting everyone.

Last edited:

I don't condone what the cop said but you take a black man saying that and it's okay. That my friends is what continues to propogate racism. If the words are vile and hateful then they are no matter which race and/or person says it. You fix that , apply societies rules evenly across the board and you'll begin to go down the road to uniting everyone.

personnally i think he was spaeking his mind.......and he gets repremanded becuase of that? i think thats wrong. and the prob. of becoming a mamby pamby country.

oh yeah, forget to mention the fight in the stands during the grad ceremony.........lol

remember this is college grad. not high school

sad though when a man speaks his mind, he's repremanded......kinda like bill cosby.

wife. grad. from PVAMU, nursing. says that school is wack.......lol

she won the student of the semester award, from the faculty. they speeled our last name wrong on the plaque.........lol

we won't get into the blantent racism shown to her (non-black)

Speaking his mind? More like spewing ignorance. Cosby said some things that needed to be said, without being disrespectful & using derogatory language.

As far as PV goes, I am thankful for my hard-earned Mechanical Engineering degree that has afforded me gainful employment over the last 9 years. I can't dispute your wife's experiences. It is unfortunate if she had some negative exeriences for whatever reasons. The school is like just about any institution of higher learning, it is not perfect.

Even if this officer was trying to make a point, he didn't have to do it like that. Yeah, there will always be fights at parties & clubs (that is sad in itself), but to just blatently disregard ethics, professionalism, and the oath you take as a policeman because you really don't care about an incident that happened on your "extra" job. That is unacceptable.

Be careful how you choose to weigh this. This same officer may pull you & your wife over one day. Would you be willing to take a chance & see what kind of mood he is in that day. If he talked like that you & your family, I guarantee you would feel differently.

:whistle:

i guarentee that me and my family wouldn't act the way they did in the club.

stealing a register........:rofl:

classy crowd.

Someone in the crowd stole the register.

The three promoters didnt' get rowdy. They didn't even reciprocate the foolishness of the officer when he ws like "Fu*k your money". Nobody is gonna be happy about losing x-amount of $$ after they have invested in promoting a function.

As far as some people in the crowd acting an azz, that was beyond their control, and it was the responsibility of the officers who are getting paid $35-$50 an hour to handle that shid, to handle that shid.

LEt's not act like there are only fights at "certain" types of parties, with certain types of people there. YOu can get a few low-class people at any event & have an incident.

So now are you saying that the whole crowd must have been a bunch of thugs??

We don't know what happened prior to turning the camera on. However, the officer, because he's wearing a uniform and carries a badge and gun, needs to keep control of his emotions better. I don't like to see that word used regardless of the users color, even if he's a member of the very race he's disparaging.

Pretty pitiful that a college party would have their cash register taken....what class was that I think I missed that one....

So now are you saying that the whole crowd must have been a bunch of thugs??

dunno, wasn't there.

so there was a register stolen, some girl got run over, fighting in the club........all fun and games till somebody gets poked in the eye.

like i said classy crowd.

me, never been to a club when a whole freakin register was stolen.......:rofl:

then again, haven't been to a "club" in 7-8yrs.

the sad reality is that by using these terms, regardless of pronunciation, the black community or more specifically younger factions of it, propagate racism just as much as those in the KKK/other supremest groups. By using these terms, as I am told, as terms of endearment ??? or common greetings it creates additional issues, all bad. Those around hear the terms being used and are either offended or think "well hell they are saying it, so can I" a la, the cop is speeding so can I type of attitude. Hip Hop/Rap and other musical styles do their fair share of adding to it and contribute towards the continued use of these slurs.

I think this video was interesting, its surprising to see how open he was with his thoughts around others, that he apparently felt comfortable with and felt he could speak freely. Regardless of his position in life, my point is that as a black man he should not refer to other blacks as the n word. I can assure you in a room full of black men the white men in the room would not have used the same choice of words. Sadly in a room full of white men, perhaps they might :( but the interesting question is would the officer say the same thing ???

Cant we all just get along :santa:

Man, I am with you on avoiding clubs. I would rather enjoy my alcohol in comfort of my own home. It's cheaper & I control who comes into my environment.

Trust me, I do recognize the fact that these kids & young adults can really show their azzes at times. But it still does not justify this cop's tone & disrepect.

And to your point, I too have not heard of the whole cash register being taken before either. But please don't think this is something that is isolated within the black community.

That would be like me saying it is just expected that you may get stabbed if you frequent Coco Loco.

This shid just rubbed me wrong. It was sad to me being black & a shot at my Alma Mater. We just won the SWAC Championship in Football, something that hasn't been done in 45 years. That was a heck of a feat for a school that had the record for most consecutive losses just 10 years ago.

Last edited:
I don't know. Private meeting, not public. This is what I typically hear in the streets and no one has to be angry. This is very common street talk for my area. This speak emerged with rap. Common sentiments spoken as well. Southside; is this surprising to you or are you pulling our legs ?

I don't know. Private meeting, not public. This is what I typically hear in the streets and no one has to be angry. This is very common street talk for my area. This speak emerged with rap. Common sentiments spoken as well. Southside; is this surprising to you or are you pulling our legs ?

Well I promoted my share of Frat Parties when I was in school. One difference was we hired our own off-duty officers. Normally paid them an agreed $35 /hr, and if we did good $-wise & there were no major incidents, we gave them $50/hr when we counted the $$ at the end. There was never a guarantee that there would be no fights, but we had good events for the most part.

I don't think it is surprising, more appalling than anything else. I guess I am wrong for expecting more.

I also must admit that I have been involved ina couple of fights in parties when I was in college. The best thing I learned from those experiences was that all if not most fights are preventable, and most if not all are over something stupid, i.e. "that's my girl" or " you stepped on my foot".

End of the day, I just wish that people would lay aside the notion that young black folks can't do anything without there being something negative resulting from it. His comment about getting 2000 whites together & not having an issue was really some over the top B.S. They have similar stuff go on as well. And then for the officer to be like fu*k my school (PVU). NOt knocking cops or anything but, you don't necessarily have to have a college degree to be one. I know plenty that do, but I also know plenty that don't. Sounds like he may have a chip on his should when it comes to the school or maybe his lack of an education. Don't know the guy. Heck, maybe he just found out some kid from PV was screwing his wife, I don't know.

Regardless, I just say that if I see a problem in my commmunity then I am gonna do something to make it better. That is why I mentor to 14-16 yr olds at my church. I am trying to be part of the solution & not the problem. I don't go around telling they aren't shid & that they won't amount to shid, oh, & that the world owes them something because they black. I speak against all of that dumb shid. I try to make them be accountable for their actions and/or lack there of.

I made my share of mistakes when I was younger. Now that I am older, I try to make a difference with the kids. This officer could have taken that same energy & tried to help the promoters seek recourse with club management or at least be senstive to the fact that they had just lost their investment. He still got paid that night.

But calling the party attendees a bunch of trilfing ni**as & cursing the university really made a bad situation just a little worse.

I am passionate about this one because it hits close to home for me.

Last edited:
That's hilarious. I can't remember the last time I heard a white boy use the N word (at least 15 years), yet I hear it daily from the Brotha's. Those guy's are just pissed because the money is gone. Eff the money that's the real problem. :rofl:

Have you ever seen a Chris Rock Show? BET Comedy Shows? Seems like every time they throw the N Bomb the predominately black crowd roars.

Why the double standard? Eff the money, that's why.

Last edited:
Now a days you get shot, or rather there's a shooting, sometimes just an ad into the thigh :laugh:

Glad you're trying to make a difference. All the young fellas around here want to be gangsta.

I wish you well, the world could use the help.

Back