Another GP Race

Cipher Complete

Registered
The rumor in my neck of the woods is there are SERIOUS negotiations for a Moto GP race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I know a motorcycle race at IMS has been a rumor for quite a while, but from what I understand, negotiations have gotten hot and heavy, looking as early as 2008. It would be run on the F1 road course, with a chicane through turn 3. Apparently, Tony George has been having face to face conversations with the GP people. This has never happened before until recently. Even when Zemke tested there for a possible AMA race, George never had a sit down, face to face meeting.

Very exciting

I think they are also looking at Road America.

But Indy and RA are still way behind Laguna.  I bet there would have to be a complete falling out at Laguna or 2 GP races in the states before they would seriously consider them.

I could see Indy being a possibility since F1 and MotoGP usually like to have races at "glamorous cities" or tracks with "historical interest and importance."

Interesting. Although I think Miller Motorsports Park is geared more for GP and F1 racing, it may take a while for negotiations to ever happen over there.

Back