Another 'Bike Won't Start' thread

Igwell

Registered
Bear with me, been a member here for a while but hardly ever post preferring to use the search as many issues I've had have been solved previously. I have to say this forum has been a godsend lately getting me to the point I am now.

I've a Gen 1 Hayabusa (2005) with less than 1000 miles on the clock that won't start. Has been in storage since 2012 and obviously not ridden much before then. Bike wouldn't start when put into storage.

Has new battery and a new fuel pump (old one was dead.) Tank cleaned before refitting. I have spark and fuel to injectors. Injectors are getting pulses from ECU. No errors in 'Dealer Mode'. Bike will splutter if cranked and carb cleaner sprayed into throttle bodies.

Have just pulled the injectors and the two on the centre two cylinders do not 'click'/activate when tested with a 9v battery.

Questions (apologies if considered stupid but I'll ask anyway):

1 I take it this is more than enough to prevent the bike starting at all?
2 I hope to get these cleaned/refurbed/serviced in the UK, if so any suggestions for who/where or is it a case for replacement?

Cheers

Not to sound fecicious but are you pulling in the clutch lever, kickstand down in neutral? Have you checked the air box to insure no obstructions? Will it start with starting fluid or does that not work either? Sorry if you answered this as I am reading without glasses. For all I know we are talking about pie :)

Not to sound fecicious but are you pulling in the clutch lever, kickstand down in neutral? Have you checked the air box to insure no obstructions? Will it start with starting fluid or does that not work either? Sorry if you answered this as I am reading without glasses. For all I know we are talking about pie :)
Yes, been through all the usual things from looking around the forums. Side stand and tip over switches temporarily bypassed. Clutch switch working (no crank otherwise). Had a spluttering start with carb cleaner in the throttle bodies, absolutely no attempt to start without, just a normal speed crank. Then again if you want to talk about pie

Yes, been through all the usual things from looking around the forums. Side stand and tip over switches temporarily bypassed. Clutch switch working (no crank otherwise). Had a spluttering start with carb cleaner in the throttle bodies, absolutely no attempt to start without, just a normal speed crank. Then again if you want to talk about pie
I'd pick up a set of injectors to try them and/or clean the ones you have...if 2 aren't working, it won't start. Make sure you use throttle body cleaner and not carb cleaner...there is a coating on the inside of the throttle bodies which is sensitive...

I take it you can hear the fuel pump cycling when you turn on the key?

I'd try different injectors and report back..

I'd pick up a set of injectors to try them and/or clean the ones you have...if 2 aren't working, it won't start. Make sure you use throttle body cleaner and not carb cleaner...there is a coating on the inside of the throttle bodies which is sensitive...

I take it you can hear the fuel pump cycling when you turn on the key?

I'd try different injectors and report back..
Hi, that was my next thing to do. Pump is running fine, that's just been replaced as I couldn't hear it when the kill switch was flipped. See a lot of 'Chinese' injectors on Ebay for next to nothing, no idea if they're any good? Can't afford/justify new prices from a dealer so will have a trawl around breakers etc.

Hi, that was my next thing to do. Pump is running fine, that's just been replaced as I couldn't hear it when the kill switch was flipped. See a lot of 'Chinese' injectors on Ebay for next to nothing, no idea if they're any good? Can't afford/justify new prices from a dealer so will have a trawl around breakers etc.
You could get a set of those to get you going and then get yours looked at and cleaned when it's convenient for you.

Regardless if the injectors solve your issue, you need all 4 spraying.

Got a service kit for the injectors (new seals/o rings/filters) and left them filled with petroleum ether for a couple of hours. After that they'd all click and pass fuel. Popped them back in this morning and gave the neighbours an early wake up call as the bike fired up straight off the button. Thanks for all the ideas and help. Now onto all the other little bits to get it roadworthy after sitting for so long.

Back