Another bash thread

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hokay! 1st, I didn't take any pictures (at least not with my own camera), but I did take a few hours of video - as soon as I get it copied over to disk I'll be them out.

Thanks got out to Moosesbusa for loaning me a clear windscreen to film through! PM coming your way.

Also thanks to Dr. Jeckyll - He had posted that he wouldn't be able to go, so he put his room up for grabs... I was staying like 12 miles away, so I PM'd him and told him that if nobody needed the room, that I would take it to be closer to everyone else.

Many thanks go out to Bronc3 and Dakkine2 for making Saturday one of the best days of riding that I have had period! More on that later!

Thanks to Vman and Zukracer for putting this thing together -I had a blast a the Bash!

Okay, so I got to meet several people and they were awesome...
Omslaw, I gotta get with you about the suspension stuff you did....
PDBusa - hope you hear soon on the interview, and yes, the film does make your backside look big!
Jessup, I'll be sending you a PM with some links to help make your rides with momma even better.
GJoker and Lady Hawke - his and hers - awesome. I still gotta figure out the seat swap for the bike cleaning! Thanks for giving me a little space under your awning!
Chrisr - man, you gotta keep all the screaming from your room down to a dull roar... sounded like you had a couple of kids locked up in your room or something!
VaBs - good to talk to you in person - (briefly).
Georgiabusa - man, I can't wait until my boys are old enough to ride with me!
SpeedAddict - Thanks for the spools! You gotta try out the Tobin, but tell momma she's gonna hafta write a check - I am sure you'll be buying one!
TPbio - great to meet you - be careful on the stands!
Johnstein - Glad you hung in there! It was great meeting you -

Met alot more people there - both my wife and I had a blast! The boys were busy the whole time telling eveyone how thier daddy has a BOOOOSA.

Okay, as for the riding, I really think that I learned a lot about myself and the bike on this trip. Living in Fla, I think I made about 6 left hand turns in the last couple of years - definately no twisties! I think that I gained a better understanding of Bessie and throwing her around..
Got a chance to talk to some people about some maintenance issues and even got to throw a couple of bikes up on my little stand...

As for Scott and Jeff - I have never done any riding like that before. You guys let me ride to my comfort and were very tolerant of the "newb"! I said after Road Atlanta that you guys were two of the best - I mean it - you guys were awesome! Thanks for everything. When are we doing it again?!?

As for video, I shot video up to CROT, then again from CROT to the dam, then up the Dragon and part way back down. I also shot the whole Skyway, and the way back from the Waterfalls. My plan is to separate the vids into sections, so when I am done, I will post up and anyone who wants can have them - I may need to scrape a couple of $ for disks - (but I may just upload to one of the file services so anyone who wants them can download them)...

Anyway, members on this board the best - I will say though, that sometimes when you start to learn the "internet personality" of a member, they are not at all what you expect when you meet them in person. This is not in a bad way, it is just interesting to how often you are off when you form an idea of who the members are!

More later ---

Just so many members and so little time, but you were one of the guys I knew the second I saw you...wished we'd had more time to chat, but it seems the entire weekend was a whirlwind!

Hoping you'll make the run again next year? I'm planning on a much longer stay...need more time to talk to everyone and have some laughs that aren't directed at the Harley riders I was with LOL

Glad you had fun though Shawn...
biggrin.gif

Shawn - it was great to meet you, your wife, and the kids! Yeah, they came up to me and proudly said, "My Daddy has a Booosa!"

Sorry I missed ya yesterday - would have loved to 'say bye'.

--Omar

great to meet you also , and thanks for loaning me the tape for my camcorder ! without that i would have got no video of the fontana dam stuff .

glad you got alot of video , i cant wait to check it out !
biggrin.gif

great to meet you also , and thanks for loaning me the tape for my camcorder ! without that i would have got no video of the fontana dam stuff .  

glad you got alot of video , i cant wait to check it out !  
biggrin.gif
John,
Watch that clutch bro! Glad you got some video as well!

Yes, it was good to meet you and your lovely wife~
cool.gif
I'm just sorry we didn't get the chance to ride together~ BTW.. I think the the seat swaping was a fair trade for the bike cleaning~ She even had Mark (2quik) and I laying on the ground changing out her dog bones (lower 1") the night before! So yeah, it was a fair trade...
tounge.gif

Yes, it was good to meet you and your lovely wife~
cool.gif
I'm just sorry we didn't get the chance to ride together~ BTW.. I think the the seat swaping was a fair trade for the bike cleaning~ She even had Mark (2quik) and I laying on the ground changing out her dog bones (lower 1") the night before! So yeah, it was a fair trade...
tounge.gif
You guys would've gotten a real giggle if you had seen me trying to handle that trailer to line it up between your explorer and Charlie's van...
Still can't get over his n hers... AWESOME!
thumbs-up.gif

My bad Shawn. Should let you know where the spare key was hidden
blush.gif
Ah, a loaded 6x10 is nothing for a Marine!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, members on this board the best - I will say though, that sometimes when you start to learn the "internet personality" of a member, they are not at all what you expect when you meet them in person.  This is not in a bad way, it is just interesting to how often you are off when you form an idea of who the members are!

More later ---
Hmm...
jump9.gif

MC, it was nice to meet you. It is truly a privlige to be able to have Halie ride with me. I know one day you will also be able to enjoy all the great rides with your boys.

Tim
smile.gif

Back