Another alterantive for under-fender kits

OB_RPM

Registered
It is made of Stainless Steel that is primed with an etching primer, then painted. you lose no under trunk space at all and retain 90% of the stock under-fender for maximum protection of underbody. As far as the directionals, the ones in the lower righthand picture are actually stock ones that are simply tucked in a little. The angle is fully adjustable. The stock license plate lamp simply pushes into the supplied socket in the kit that allows light through a louvered section of the kit to illuminate the plate in it's new location. Also, the unpainted version is mirror finished (nicer on Black Busa). As far as other brands, I'm sure they're all nice kits, just pick the one you like the best. This is just like I said, another alternative. I'll try to get some better, more explicit photos posted as soon as I can.

Since everyone seems to be having problems with two different companies (who's names I won't mention), check out the latest offering from Competition Werkes on their website: Competitionwerkes.com
Just scroll down a little on their homepage for a picture of their new kit. I've been told it takes no more then 1 1/2hrs to install and can be painted to match '99 colors. I have also negotiated a 10% discount for any Hayabusa.org members that call them to place an order and mention Hayabusa.org. Prices are $165.00 unpainted/ $210.00 painted, not including our "member" discount. Be sure to check out all directional options. It looks really good, and I have one on the way now.
They do come complete with detailed instructions. :) :)

Their part is not much more than a piece of sheetmetal, there is also some comments on this part over at the onelist site from, that were a little less than favorable.

Some one will complain about something this is human nature. But I don't see this part as a better mousetrap.

The Texas Fairing and Freestyle Motodesign parts at least offer some style, a piece of sheetmetal is just that a piece of sheetmetal (with or without paint). Their lights look like something off a cruiser or a Harley.

CW is throwing in the lights for free if you mention the web ad.

Tin knockers should keep to air conditioning and forced hot air. IMHO

Back