Animation of Crash on the Dragon

I'd bet a doughnut hole that this guy had a PR (Panic Reaction that Keith Code so graciously discribes in his Twist of the Wrist series) incorporated into this little mishap! He was way past the tip in point and appears he never made any attempt to tip in?

I'd guess he was relatively new to riding.

I'd also guess he wasn't taught anything about the commitment rule during his MSF course!

that "commit" thing is hard to teach... takes nerves of steel to stick with what feels like a lost cause... and you know, that is one thing the track time has taught me.. you should not even have to think about it... look, commit and stick with it... ignore all stimuli from the outside world... then the guy in front of you lowsides. eeeek... :laugh:

I wonder how fast he was going. His bike doesn't seem to go anywhere besides laying down on itself after hitting the car.

I hate it when that heppens...:whistle: I think he was following a faster guy & went in over his head.... With his head, sweet looking piece of road though :laugh:

Last edited:
That recipe for disaster went like this:

A dash of overconfidence, a spoonful of target fixation, a cup of stupidity and a bowlful of inexperience.

I'd bet a doughnut hole that this guy had a PR (Panic Reaction that Keith Code so graciously discribes in his Twist of the Wrist series) incorporated into this little mishap! He was way past the tip in point and appears he never made any attempt to tip in?

I'd guess he was relatively new to riding.

I'd also guess he wasn't taught anything about the commitment rule during his MSF course!

that "commit" thing is hard to teach... takes nerves of steel to stick with what feels like a lost cause... and you know, that is one thing the track time has taught me.. you should not even have to think about it... look, commit and stick with it... ignore all stimuli from the outside world... then the guy in front of you lowsides. eeeek... :laugh:

I think the whole "commit" thing is something that can never be taught. I think that is something one must learn for themselves. My husband ALWAYS tried to drill it in my head... "If you think you are in a corner too hot don't panic and grab a bunch of break or you will be in trouble. The bike will stick."
It wasn't till the day I found myself in that corner WAY too hot, looked where I wanted to go and prayed to God to get me through it that I realized my bike WILL stick through a lot more then I ever gave it credit for. :bowdown:

I wonder how fast he was going. His bike doesn't seem to go anywhere besides laying down on itself after hitting the car.
That is "mud corner" you can drag a knee at about 30 mph

same corner coming the other way... it is about a 100 degree turn and really not bad at all, is "on camber" and very open..

desktop2.JPG

Is this really you, Bogus? You look damn good for an old fart! :beerchug:

That is "mud corner" you can drag a knee at about 30 mph

same corner coming the other way... it is about a 100 degree turn and really not bad at all, is "on camber" and very open..

desktop2.JPG

:laugh: that is the result of my NESBA on track tutors... believe me they have a ton of time invested in my old butt....

I think the Busa had them nervous at first... it took me a lot of work to earn that silly yellow sticker... :laugh: kind of stupid but it meant more than my drag racing wins...

and yea, I was listening to you also SteveO.... This was the same weekend you rode with us btw...

Last edited:
Back