Animation of Crash on the Dragon

I always wondered what those double yellow lines were for. :poke:

told you there was more than one way to take your shoes off.... mud corner claims one more :)

looked like the guy tried to go straight ???
I was thinking the EXACT same thing... What the hell kinda counterlean is that for? And it looks like the guy in the Blazer kept going and wasn't gonna stop. Really hard to say who was in the wrong, but the bike was out of his lane... :whistle:

looked like the guy tried to go straight ???

I was thinking the EXACT same thing... What the hell kinda counterlean is that for? And it looks like the guy in the Blazer kept going and wasn't gonna stop. Really hard to say who was in the wrong, but the bike was out of his lane... :whistle:

my bet?

target point fixation... he knew (or thought it more appropriately) he was off line, looked at the vehicle and stood the bike straight up... I have watched a few guys do the same thing with trees, curbs and other "off road" excursions...

my bet?

target point fixation... he knew (or thought it more appropriately) he was off line, looked at the vehicle and stood the bike straight up... I have watched a few guys do the same thing with trees, curbs and other "off road" excursions...
You're sayig that he focused on the vehicle therefore he rode right into it ? I can see where that would happen

Appears he did not receive any instruction about line choice or avoiding oncoming vehices during his parking lot safety course :dunno:

The rider definately got his arse kicked, no doubt!

Appears he did not receive any instruction about line choice or avoiding oncoming vehices during his parking lot safety course :dunno:

The rider definately got his arse kicked, no doubt!
:rofl: you owe me a new keyboard :rofl:

told you there was more than one way to take your shoes off.... mud corner claims one more :)

Looks like he broke his ankle/foot. If he was wearing proper gear I bet he would not have lost his shoe. :whistle:

my bet?

This was a discussion in another thread with a Harley that went off the road on the Dragon. Looked like he went off the road due to "Target Fixation." Someone was saying TF happens to the best of riders. I call bs. I think TF happens to "less skilled" riders and is nothing but a bad habit that needs to be overcome. Hence the "Look Where You Want To Go" rule. I think if you have a problem with TF then the Dragon is the LAST place you should be. That video could have ended up a lot worse. This guy could have killed himself. Just my .02

Looks like he broke his ankle/foot. If he was wearing proper gear I bet he would not have lost his shoe. :whistle:

wow you are right.. that one image looks like his foot is pointed way off the wrong way eeeouch.... good eye, dang...

This was a discussion in another thread with a Harley that went off the road on the Dragon. Looked like he went off the road due to "Target Fixation." Someone was saying TF happens to the best of riders. I call bs. I think TF happens to "less skilled" riders and is nothing but a bad habit that needs to be overcome. Hence the "Look Where You Want To Go" rule. I think if you have a problem with TF then the Dragon is the LAST place you should be. That video could have ended up a lot worse. This guy could have killed himself. Just my .02
agree...

I call bs. I think TF happens to "less skilled" riders and is nothing but a bad habit that needs to be overcome. Hence the "Look Where You Want To Go" rule. I think if you have a problem with TF then the Dragon is the LAST place you should be. That video could have ended up a lot worse. This guy could have killed himself. Just my .02
Couldn't of said it better. Probably one of the 1st things we covered in the MSF course way back when. The 1st thing we did was ride a bicycle up and down and they'd tell us to turn our heads and look in whatever direction to show us how the bicycle responds to this.

Good boot ad is all I gotta say.
Like CaBusaGirl said his shoe flew off before he did.
I'm betting broken pelvis/left leg/shoulder maybe but def foot/ankle injury..

He hit that thing hard. The glass flew out of it.

Back