Animated Gif's

LongbowIP

Registered
Could someone please animate this pic for me. I have tried to do it several times and I have given up. What I want it to do is rotate about it's vertical axis clockwise or counterclockwise 360 degrees. Can it be done?

Thanks

Tony

Hayabusa_Kanji.jpg

tony, it can be done, but its not as easy as you may think, to animate something you need images (layers or screenshots) from all angles. animated gifs are made much like 2d cartoons (older bugs bunny) are made, an artist draws images (storyboards) and then they are rendered together to make scenes, have you ever seen one of those books that when you flip through the pages real fast you can see the image move?

right now you have an image that is 2 dimensional, if you wanted the kanji to rotate you will need veiws of it from each angle of the rotation, and the only way you can get a 2 demensional image to rotate with any depth would be clockwise or counterclockwise....

but, you could turn the kanji into a 3d image(s) and make it rotate on its axis...

1st you have to decide what the 3rd demension will look like? right now you can see it from 2 angles... front and back, put the kanji on a peice of paper, cut it out and rotate it on its axis 90 degrees, its only the width of the paper at this point right? this is the third demension you would need to deal with, its width, shape, texture, color, so on?

how is this done? using 3d animation software, soft image, studio max, maya, bryce, Infini-D, etc. these are 3d animation programs.

you would need a program capable of "importing" images that can then be manipulated. some have plug ins that will take the 2d object and add 3d effects. such as fonts, similar what you have, you can add width, texture, color, and shape. in your case since the kanji is rounded I would round the width proportionalaly. the program will also need to be able to save "snapshots" of the 3d image or export them....

here is how it would be done...

1. import the kanji image into the program
2. add the third demension, width texture, and color...
3. rotate the 3d image in the program and take snapshots of it rotating about its axis at say 20 degree intervals, that would leave you with 18 images
4. import the images you just created into photoshop, import them into image ready then create your animated gif....

I am not sure but I think adobe illistrator may have the capability to do this too?

this website will do what you want to do to the kanji, a free sample to give you an idea of what I mean? so if you had a program like this that could import your kanji it would be easy I guess?

go here and get a free trial 3d program, hopefully it will import images and manipulate them? if you need I can prolly give your kanji a transparent background and whatever file type u-lead may need to do the import?

Back