And then there were none!

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
I have been carousing the local dealerships, checking out prices, availability, in stock situations and have found only two dealerships around the Mobile area with any Busas. One in Mobile has one blue / silver one and a dealer in Gulf Shores had 6 three red / black, two odd colored "gun metal" bikes and one pimp-Busa. The pimp Busa, as I called it, is covered in chrome - wheels, frame, swing arm, anything they could chrome they did, the rest is of the blue / silver motif and they want $14K for it!

3 weeks ago, before Katrina hit the area, they had all 6 and the rep was telling me that "these bikes aint going anywhere, you want one at the end of the year, your in good shape". My plan has been to get my shi* together, get some bills paid off then buy one close to the end of the year hoping with all the talk of the '06 that I could get a deal on an '05.

Went back down there last weekend and they were all gone! Well all but the pimp Busa that is. I like to have died. I grabbed the rep (my wife is in the background chuckling at my calamity) and asked him what the hel* happened and he said they had one left. It was in the back getting some attention.
He called me, as ordered, yesterday and told me that it was gone! Some guy traded a VTX in on it...

Geez!
The churning rumor mill about discontinuing the bike, changing it or whatever must be driving people to their check books.
This dealer is in a market that has been devastaed by 6 named tropical cyclones since last Sept., no one has jobs and the population cant be more than 5000 people and they have moved 5 Busas and not one damned R1, CBR or anything else is missing from the floor!

Pissses me off, guess I'll hold off for the '06 or get them to find one at another dealership.

Thought I'd share this with yall...

Oh, but I did buy a cool looking Busa hat though...
cool.gif

A few people that I know are getting thier insurance settlements from the last couple of storms and are replacing vehicles of all kinds......with gas prices, many are going with bikes... might explain a little. Oh, and the Busa is just a bad Motor Scooter!

If your interested, I have a 2003 blk/sil with 3800 miles that is MINT. I am selling for a guy that I know that hardly rides it, and only rides with his harley buddies. It still has warning stickers and reflecters on it. VERY clean bike. 7700.00. 601-583-3959. Jeff

Con5179 - I bought my '05 from www.buyoutofstate.com. Ordered it on a Friday and I was riding the following Wednesday. Approximately 1 hour to take it out of the crate, minor assembly (mirrors, battery, and brake/clutch handles), put gas in it, and go! Full warranty. Go for it! And tell them to send you a 30 day tag so you won't immediately have to deal with tags, title, reqistration and such. All total for bike, shipping, tags, title, and reqistration in my state cost me $10,069.04. Being near the end of the year you might be able to work an even better deal.
cool.gif

Sorry but I bought that last LE last week from that store.
Dude!

You have got to bring that thing to Daphne (Lake Forest) and let me..... ride it?!

I have never ridden a Busa.
You can have my children and wife as collateral!!

I'll buy the steaks and the beer, after the ride...

Congrats on the purchase!

How did the dealer do ya on it? They offered me one of the red / black ones for sticker price (that is to say out the door with TTL and their BS fees for $10.9K) with an additional 3 year warranty.

Again, congrats!
Maybe one day we can hook up...

Back