And now it's time for cooking with Mikey!

Mikey D

Registered
No way am I gonna be able to do this as well as BulletTrain!
But here goes...

BOM

1/2 lb butter (unsalted & softened)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup browin sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
48 mini peanut butter cups

1/2 lb of butter (softened)

Don't put it in the micro or toaster, it must be softenend not melted. If you melt it it will disolve the sugars and ruin the cookies! Leave it out of the fridge for a couple of hours.

Also, use real butter, you should be able to hear your arteries hardening as you eat the cookies!

IM001278.JPG

Yes add a total of 1-1/2 cups of sugar! You should be able to hear the fat cells multipling and engorging themselves as you eat the cookies!

IM001279.JPG

Now, up until the making of this doccumentary, this is the method I use to cream the butter & sugars together.

2 forks and elbow grease!

IM001280.JPG

However, my beautiful and talented wife recommended the use of this kitchen power tool to expidite matters. I guess it works faster.

Yeah, that's me sucking it in for the camera!
biggrin.gif

IM001281.JPG

After you have creamed the butter & sugars, add the eggs one at a time and beat until blended.

IM001282.JPG

In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. mix them together, and add them to the batter.

Stir them together to blend. (you might want to do this by hand)
biggrin.gif

IM001283.JPG

Stir in the vanilla.

Use the real stuff, it does make a difference!

(I mean come on now, you wouldn't bolt on cheep shid to the busa, don't cheep out on the vanilla!)

IM001284.JPG

Now stir in the chocolate chips.

I prefer the milk chocolate chips. Some folks prefer the semi sweet.

What ever you do don't use the imitation shid! (Do we see a recurring theme around here?)

If yer gonna make just chocolate chip cookies outta this, then you can even use the large chuncks or any other type of pieces. If your gonna stuff these into a muffin tin and inject a peanut butter cup (or Rollo) then the mini chocolate chips work the best. The regualr size ones will work just fine as well.

IM001285.JPG

Now preheat the oven to 375 F.

Yer gonna need 2 mini muffin baking gizmos. I got these at the local factory outlet for about $4 each. Non stick is best, but ya gotta be careful with em.

IM001287.JPG

Using 2 spoons, but a glump of dough in each little circle thing. Once ya get the hang, it goes pretty quickly.
wink.gif
Kinda like riding the Busa!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

IM001288.JPG

As you are glumping the dough into the little circle thingies, you can have your helper (or apprentice or biotch or whatever!) start unwraping the Reeses Peanut butter cups.

Guess what?

Don't use the cheep shid!  Get the good ones.  Them Easter ones in the multi collered wrappers you got from the dollar store last year ain't gonna cut it!  

Take out yer wallet, get a crow-bar, pry it open, you cheep Son-a-ma-beetch, and get the good stuff!

blush.gif

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: "spelled &quot;Son-a-ma-beetch&quot; incorrectly"|1094537213 -->

IM001285a.JPG

OK now with a deft twist-of-the-wrist, insert a peanut butter cup into the center of the dough. don't worry if the dough is a tad uneven around the sides, it'll all even out in the oven.

IM001286a.JPG

Now slide em into the hot box, 9 minutes for just done, up to 11 minutes if you like em carmelized just a tad.

Let em cool for a good 8-10 minutes (bet you can't!
tounge.gif
) before removing them from the pan. To store em, put in an air tight container with a slice of bread (to keep em soft) for up to a week.

(yeah, like they'll last a week!)

I'm gonna make the next batch with Rolos inside.

Please post any other interesting, fattening, decadent, items that you come up with to inject into these things!

This has been "Cooking With Mikey".
cool.gif

And now, back to our regulary scheduled programing
biggrin.gif

IM001287a.JPG

Seriously, though: just the cookie mix alone sounds like it could be rather disruptive to healthy living.

BTW...you ever give that chicken recipe of mine a run? Ya gotta try it, bro!

Seriously, though: just the cookie mix alone sounds like it could be rather disruptive to healthy living.

BTW...you ever give that chicken recipe of mine a run? Ya gotta try it, bro!
I remember you posting it, but haven't been round here for a couple O days, & can't remember where it is.

Give me linkey!

I'm always up for a new breed of bird!
beerchug.gif

cool....here ya go, bro. I have some other marinades up my sleeve, so just PM, email or ping me whenever you wanna try something new...

Back