An atheist in the woods

Two years and you are still stirring up the pot!!! :laugh:

My view on the religious debate. :deadhorse:

Everyone has their own opinion on religion, but no one else is going to change that opinion no matter what they say. Hence the arguments continue.....

Religion is fake. Its imaginary. Its just a made up idea of mankind to not feel so insignificant in the grand scheme of the univesre.

Is this another oil thread?:laugh: I went through two religions before I became Agnostic. I can't call myself athiest just yet but I'm almost there. Just remember being an atheist does'nt make you evil. I'm in Japan and I can leave my bike keys on my bike with my helmet and jacket for an entire hour with out it being stolen. Thats not bad for a nation that does'nt believe in God. Oh by the way that was hilarious!

I would disagree with your assertion. People here are born buddhist, married Christian, and die Shinto. Just because they don't believe in what a westerner would call God, doesn't mean they don't have an, albeit quite strange, belief that attributes at least something to "supernatural being(s)". Whether it is a deep-seated belief, is another discussion entirely.

Blanca, I am completely offended. As penance, I demand a turbo busa. Nothing less will sate me.

From your Pm I see your point but don't see this as any more than a joke, not bashing or mockery.
If any Christians here are offended by this feel free to say so and I will most certainly apologize .

I was greatly offended by it too Blanca, and i can no longer call you a friend.

:laugh:

Funny thing, a few years ago I rolled a car end for end three times at high speed and in the middle of the second roll I thought to myself "This accident is gonna kill me and I still don't believe in god."

I don't know if you would consider that accident to be a foxhole moment for yourself but it was for me.

I thought the joke was cute, but considering there are some people on this board who hold very exclusive religious views it will be interpreted as a validating their beliefs while disparaging the beliefs of others, and therefore sow dissension and anger amongst the members.

cheers
ken

And why do you have a problem with that?:whistle:

I'm sure God laughs from time to time.
He had to have been when he created Bots!

images

Back