Along the same sort of lines as LPSL's is...HEADLIGHTS

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Loud pipes,very annoying for sure. But I will pass you or go by you (on coming) in about 0.5 seconds. I'm gone...wheew,it's over.You can go back to a nice "excessive noise" free life.
What is way worse IMO is them diks with the one trillion candle power headlights. In my LPSL's thread,it was mentioned that being seen and not heard was more important. Agreed. But these cool cats with the "Retina Burning" super halogen high intensity aircraft running lights are not only annoying,they are down right dangerous. They blind me. If you need super power lights and worse yet,a hillbilly red neck rack of 10 of them to see the road...give up your drivers licence...you must be "legally blind." Sometimes it not even the candle power rating of them,its how they are aimed. A ten foot tall Bro Dozier monster truck blasts his lights in my mirrors and/or back window soo brightly I think I'm on the surface of the sun.Maybe there is a need for them "off-road"...you know..."Pit-Lamping" an' such.But not in the city.
"Bright Lights Out of Metropolitan Enviroments" or "BloMe" for short.
I just don't need this coming at me...

or this....

Absolutely no way to stop these headlights from ruining my drive...

Sure,personal taste...but do you really need a rack of 100,000 watt halo's....

Now,I do my best. I wear my glare cutting Night Riders...helps a bit for regular beams...
But they are no help with the alien landing craft lights that are sported these days...

So once again,I've had to use my ultra LO-tech modification abilities to fight the injustice perpetrated by today's rolling laser light show drivers. These go "On Sale" today in my on-line store. Limit of 2 per household. Thank you.
WWW.Stop-the-Diks.Com
Rubb.

You are right it has nothing to do with the power. Its not even aiming that is wrong. Its the reflector that is the issue. HIDs and LEDs are not ment for hallogen reflectors period. They create the glare that is in each of the linked photos you shared. Feel free to read the linked article below.

But any OEM designer LED or HID light you shouldnt have this issue. Although their lights still are crazy bright sometimes.

@04LE I can appreciate you providing the science behind glaring headlites...it all makes 100% sense.
But I really just want them to stop. They could read an' entire encyclopedia on the subject but I doubt it would help.
They are out there...they want the "cool factor" or overprotective Daddy wants his precious little girl to be safer out there.
Hopefully when she blinds somebody the don't cross the center line and kill her.
Today's

I'm gonna go ride now...

Its a dangerous world out there...may have a new rant on my return.

Rubb.

Since I am more than familiar with riding around here, let me start the rant for you...

Why are the speed limits 10-20kph lower than they should be?!?

Why do local people drive 10-20kph BELOW those limits?!?

Why do drivers drive 10-20kph below the limit and then brake for every fun corner?!?

Why, when you do find a quiet road, is a speedtrap the only vehicle in sight?!?

Why do drivers barely yield at STOP signs but stop dead at YIELD signs?!?

Why can't the average driver figure out how a traffic circle works?!?

Why are the two roads out of town both consistently closed due to traffic accidents?!?

Why does a city with 360,000 people have traffic congestion problems of a city of 1,000,000?!?

Why can't I ride my motorbike in the designated bike lanes when there are more bike lanes than car lanes?!?

OK, I'm done... I need a tranquillizer and a nap now. :banghead:

My captain started riding about two years ago. When we first started working together we talked shop just about every minute of the day. Well one day the subject of lpsl's came up. So, I said its more effective to be seen than heard imo. He goes on to say thag he rides with his brights day and night. He said they gonna see him then. Lol, how will they see you if they are blinded by the light? Blah blah blah fast forward a few months and i am walking on the barge towards the boat. I have a low powered flash (5w?)light aimed at the deck but towards the boat. I get my ass chewed for this and rightfully so, it was blinding him! So i get back to the boat and say, "whats wrong couldnt see? Thats 5 watts imagine how people feel with your 60w headlight pointed at them!" I think he understood what i was telling him all along.

Loud pipes,very annoying for sure. But I will pass you or go by you (on coming) in about 0.5 seconds. I'm gone...wheew,it's over.You can go back to a nice "excessive noise" free life.
What is way worse IMO is them diks with the one trillion candle power headlights. In my LPSL's thread,it was mentioned that being seen and not heard was more important. Agreed. But these cool cats with the "Retina Burning" super halogen high intensity aircraft running lights are not only annoying,they are down right dangerous. They blind me. If you need super power lights and worse yet,a hillbilly red neck rack of 10 of them to see the road...give up your drivers licence...you must be "legally blind." Sometimes it not even the candle power rating of them,its how they are aimed. A ten foot tall Bro Dozier monster truck blasts his lights in my mirrors and/or back window soo brightly I think I'm on the surface of the sun.Maybe there is a need for them "off-road"...you know..."Pit-Lamping" an' such.But not in the city.
"Bright Lights Out of Metropolitan Enviroments" or "BloMe" for short.
I just don't need this coming at me...

View attachment 1622908

or this....

View attachment 1622909

Absolutely no way to stop these headlights from ruining my drive...

View attachment 1622911

Sure,personal taste...but do you really need a rack of 100,000 watt halo's....

View attachment 1622910

Now,I do my best. I wear my glare cutting Night Riders...helps a bit for regular beams...
But they are no help with the alien landing craft lights that are sported these days...

View attachment 1622913

So once again,I've had to use my ultra LO-tech modification abilities to fight the injustice perpetrated by today's rolling laser light show drivers. These go "On Sale" today in my on-line store. Limit of 2 per household. Thank you.
WWW.Stop-the-Diks.Com
Rubb.

View attachment 1622912
I used to have a pair of yellow glasses that not only helped with the glare of headlights but kind of brightened up the night when wearing them. Used to wear them on long trips and really helped since im at least a little night blind. Ive bought quite a few pairs since I lost those and none have seemed to have the brightening effect like my original ones. I think I may have left them in my car I sold to a buddy and I think he may have them and won't give em back. But I've been thinking of trying to get thre car back from him anyway as I think id prefer it over the glasses. @Bumblebee would love me coming by to visit in it
20180214_074925.jpg

It's the red one and not the ford in the pic, it did have a rather loud exhaust on it as well. It wasn't the little coffee cans it was a real muffler but just as loud if not louder :thumbsup:

I used to have a pair of yellow glasses that not only helped with the glare of headlights but kind of brightened up the night when wearing them. Used to wear them on long trips and really helped since im at least a little night blind. Ive bought quite a few pairs since I lost those and none have seemed to have the brightening effect like my original ones. I think I may have left them in my car I sold to a buddy and I think he may have them and won't give em back. But I've been thinking of trying to get thre car back from him anyway as I think id prefer it over the glasses. @Bumblebee would love me coming by to visit in itView attachment 1622954
It's the red one and not the ford in the pic, it did have a rather loud exhaust on it as well. It wasn't the little coffee cans it was a real muffler but just as loud if not louder :thumbsup:
I have a pair of yellow ballistics which are great in low light conditions, they help with the glare as well...one thing I've noticed is I rarely go anywhere when it's dark out for some reason.

As for your former red beastie....the noise doesn't bother me as long as the driver isn't revving the supreme crap out of all the time....my neighbour across the street has a '70 Chevelle with a very healthy exhaust on in it, it rattles my front window when he starts it...but he starts, lets warm up for a short time and then is gone...no big revving of the engine or anything silly...

There's an old adage-"don't crap in your own backyard." Something I follow closely with my bike, I basically idle it out of my neighbourhood as to not piss off all my neighbours.

Back