almost scared

Chevy454

Registered
Im almost scared to ride now. A close friend and i was out on a little ride Saturday both of us was on busas going the speed limit and all off a sudden some guy ran a stop sign and hit my friend...he died in the hospital and it really had me shook up. i really love bikes but after that im somewhat scared. I thought about selling the bike and buying a chevelle or something....anybody else experienced anything like this?

Give it some time. Once the shock wears off your heart will either call you back to the bike or it won't. If it doesn't sell it. When I had my big crash I thought about it for a day or so but then I could feel the burn coming back. Sorry for your friend.

Do what your heart tells you. If you are going to be afraid every time you get on the bike then it is probably best you sell it. I suggest waiting it out. Bad things happen but we must live on and not let it hinder us from one of the best things in life, riding.

My condolences go out to you about your friend. That is so tragic :( Was he wearing gear?

Do what your heart tells you. If you are going to be afraid every time you get on the bike then it is probably best you sell it. I suggest waiting it out. Bad things happen but we must live on and not let it hinder us from one of the best things in life, riding.

My condolences go out to you about your friend. That is so tragic :( Was he wearing gear?
yea we always have on our gear even when we was going to the gas station but i think it was something like massive internal bleeding

Very sorry for your loss.. Prayers sent for you and his family..

I watched my brother die in a motorcycle accident about 6 years ago. Right after it happened, I felt just like you do now. The first time I rode my bike after the accident was to his grave months later... I knew he wouldn't want me to give it up. I ride in his honor now and until the day I see him again. It never gets easy, but it gets easier.
God bless, and if its meant to be you will ride again. Don't make any hasty decisions..

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

Im so sorry about your friend thats a bad deal... a very bad deal. I agree with the other guys about waiting it out and seeing how you feel about your bike later. Were all taking risks just hopping on a bike in the first place but we do it anyway because usually were addicted and love our bikes. This is one of those horrible times that creates the risk part of our fever to ride bikes in the first place.

Really sorry to hear about your friend! Prayers to his friends and family.
Good advice on hear as usual.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

RIP to your friend.

A good friend and I was out riding, came around a corner with gravel in it. I went through the "tire track" no problem. He went down, off about a 15 foot hill.
Riding back to where he crashed was one of the scariest times in my life. Luckily he was just beat up and bruised. I still wonder what I would have told his wife and kids if he passed..

I took that out on myself pretty hard. He was a newer rider. I should have slowed down to his ability, so he could learn. (we were going about 35 mph on a curve marked 25) I thought about selling the bike after that, but I waited.. Now I'm OCD. I have to know where everyone is at behind me and make sure everyone is okay. I weave around in my lane alot, checking my mirrors. Sometimes to the point where I put myself in danger.

I couldn't imagine what I would have done/where I would be if he passed. I can only imagine what your going through. I would also say wait, give yourself some time to collect your thoughts... then go from there.

Im almost scared to ride now. A close friend and i was out on a little ride Saturday both of us was on busas going the speed limit and all off a sudden some guy ran a stop sign and hit my friend...he died in the hospital and it really had me shook up. i really love bikes but after that im somewhat scared. I thought about selling the bike and buying a chevelle or something....anybody else experienced anything like this?

HI first of all i am sorry to hear what happend to your friend and yourself.. I hate to hear things like
That... I do too ride with my son and some friends from time to time, weather permiting of course.
I do too love riding and i will never give it up im sure your buddy would not want you to give up this
Passion for riding as we all know once you ride its in your blood. Just take a break from riding as long
You wish this could take some time so dont condem your self how long it takes either. Like i said just
Take your time. But to answer your question ...no i have not been through this i hope i never have to.
I hope no one Else has to either.. All i can is heal your self first then decide what to do . Im no expert
Im just a bike rider like you and everyone else in this world life is short live it well.. Bill ...

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Only you will know if you want to ride again, give it some time, but if your nervous when you ride you will never enjoy it, and it would be best to give it up.
Best wishes whatever you decide.

R.I.P. Fallen Rider

Very sorry for your loss and that you had to see it all happen. Give it some time to sort it all out then do what feels right to you. Take care!!

via Tapatalk

I too have lost a friend while out riding, felt the same way but give it some time and don't make any hasty decisions. Time does heal.. Very sorry for your loss.

So sorry about your friend, my condolances to you and his family. One of my friends also died on a motorcycle accident, I parked the bike for a lil bit, it does get you thinking. Take sometime off if you need to, but dont make any drastic decision right now.

Im really sorry for your loss. May your friend rest in peace. I have thought of giving it up just because of they thought of what could happen. Riding scared is no fun. Take care

e

Lost an uncle about 3 years ago, he was rear ended on his bike. Family doesn't like to even see motorcycles anymore but when we do get on the topic, all I tell them is everything is a risk and you can't hide from it. He crashed more times than anyone I know and would NEVER give it up. Take your time, you are the only person who can decide if it's worth it.

the crazy thing is the guy that hit him only got a ticket
I'm pretty sure that more will happen down the line. This was just the initial contact. Very sorry about your friend.

Not one to advise, but I'd give yourself some time and see where it goes. I'm a nut, hate blind corners, hate blind intersections, always watching for animals, always thinking about escape routes. Went past a turn today because of the frigging nut riding my butt. Just got out of her way. In my mind I wanted to pull her out of her car and beat the ever loving *&^% out of her.

Back