Almost ready for 2018 season..

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Powder Coating done and on. New plate mount. Under tail on. Rear brakes flushed and bled. All kinds of new parts.
IMG_20180311_132458.jpg

So far:
- Rearsets and passenger pegs powder coated satin black. Other misc bolts and hardware also painted or coated.
- Steering damper refreshed with 15wt fork oil
- Schnitz Racing "R1" quick turn throttle tube and matching clutch side grip
- Low profile oil drain plug
- Pair blockoff plates
- Zero Gravity Double Bubble Dark Smoke windscreen
- NGK Iridium plugs
- Sprint P08 filter
- DDM Tuning HID low beam headlight
- Swingarm spools
- Vortex sprockets (steel, 530, +2 rear)
- EK ZVX3 black / gold chain (530)
- SpeedoDRD
- Smoked front and rear turn signals, and tail light
- Hotbodies undertail and "custom" licence plate mount

And a TON of cleaning! Bike was basically never cared for except what you could see, and even that was debatable. I still need to fix a spot on the right side fairing as it was "hit getting out of the garage" but I think the bike has more damage than the story says.

I will come back and post more when the bike is totally back together, and hope to have dyno video / pics / #'s at the end of the month.

It's just gonna be a daily ridden street bike!

In the works (aka when the boss lets go of the check book again):

- SS braided brake lines and matching clutch line
- Rear cush drive rubbers (upgraded red ones)
- Aftermarket levers
- Front forks resprung for my weight
- Suspension setup for me

Well, almost done with the bike (for now). Took it out for a test rip yesterday with the 54 degree weather.

Wow. I know there are multiple mods and a +2 rear sprocket all at once, but wow. This thing is angry! I can't wait to get everything done and then get it dyno tuned and ecu flashed EOM. I am very excited for this season!!!!!

Like he said, I plan to possibly lower the bike, maybe even stretch again. Don't like the possibility of setting down a wheelie and ripping the bolt head off lol.
And it was cheap. And stock plug basically had crush washer welded on...

Like he said, I plan to possibly lower the bike, maybe even stretch again. Don't like the possibility of setting down a wheelie and ripping the bolt head off lol.
And it was cheap. And stock plug basically had crush washer welded on...
That's great if you have a sidewinder or a turbo but with the pipes below the oil pan is doesn't really do much for ya...

That's great if you have a sidewinder or a turbo but with the pipes below the oil pan is doesn't really do much for ya...

Right, but part of it was the crush washer being stuck to the stock plug. Also, if I do decide to change exhausts (or turbo ;) )or do anything different, just something cheap insurance farther down the road.

Back