All of you guys using the 007Nick map,read this

Gixx1300R

Registered
Ok I have sent my 007Nick map to 12 Busa riders so far and I have only heard from 3 of them.I really need to know if this maps works for you.I'm in the process of making maps that really work with little problems.So please Post if you have an increase or decrease in horsepower.Also post your mods,location and altitude.I will be going to the dyno tomorrow to create more maps,I really need the information.

Nick

I'm using the map with a fully modded airbox (two short and two long stacks), PC2 and Yosh slipons. 30 miles southwest of Boston..

I had a lot of low speed stumbling. Went up +1 on low-mid-high and that helped a lot but it's still not perfect.

Planning to do to all long stacks and trying KEH's map.

Hey nick, did you see how pete's at 180 with just the cams?
Its all in the software bro.
Do you think your starting to master it?

Mambo,the 007Nick map is designed for Busas with full aftermarket exhaust(Yosh,Akrapovic or Muzzy).I'm getting close Omega,the maps that Dynojet provide are only baseline maps to start with.I also noticed a gas mileage increase with the 007Nick map.I'm not surprised that Pete got 180 with cams.I believe the limiting factor with the Busas horsepower is the stock ECU.Yosh removed the stock ECU and replaced it with a $6000 unit from Motek.More horsepower can be had and there are 2 different ECUs for the Busa that is not availible to the public that Yosh has produced.Kawi has a race only ECU for the ZX12 that produces 8 horsepower.The Power Commander 2 is not that difficult to figure out,you just need a Superflow 250 and a Fuel/air meter to get it precise

The fuel/air meter makes it nice to dial the pc2.

But it takes a lot of time to get where you need to be with the map.(more than 1 day)

Nick, you will have access to the 250 soon right?
I would make the trip to tune for the cams. I just got wheels I may have the cams next week.

Hi Gixxer
Tried your map on my bike here in the UK but when it was put on the Dyno it showed up way too weak on the top end so Gasabusa modded it big time seems a lot better now but still feels weird on low to part throttle settings might try using original 007 map for part throttle.
Sorry i Forgot to mention the mods to bike it has full Akrapovic Airbox mini mod EBC filter and all short stacks Pair junked.
It made 167.2 sae bhp well down on you guys but it wasnt a really good busa to start with.

[This message has been edited by bruce (edited 05 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by bruce (edited 05 August 2000).]

you are right Frank,I have about 70 dyno runs so far.Yes Omega,my dyno guy has a brand new Superflow 250 that he is willing to let me use for free but he is getting a new dyno room built and it wont be ready for another 2 weeks,I'll keep you informed.Long stacks or 2 short,2 long might work better for your bike.From what I understand some parts of Europe has high humidity.

Lofty Abuse, you have to really understand what it takes to get the values right.

The idea is to make a straight air/fuel line on your graph. Reguardless of what values you have to use to get it there.

i use the nick map , motorhead airbox , full micron exhaust, the best map ive had so far tried them all, the harv map to much stumble low end , live in michigan ,

Thanks Greg,I appreciate the info,what stacks are you running Greg?I did more Dynoing today to fine tune the 007Nick map.I installed all long stacks and picked up 4 horsepower.

Nick

In the recent Motorcyclist there is a write up about the Yosh X1 that most of you have probably seen already.
They did scrap the ECU, counterbalancer, installed Yosh stage 1 cams, mild headporting, lightened the crank, and installed 12.5:1 Yosh stock pistons. With all this they made 182 HP.
BTW-A lambda sensor was built in to the system displaying (LCD) the air/fuel and throttle position for easier tuning. I would think they could "get it right" With all this they made 182 HP.

I guess that about settles that stack thing. Motorhead has done more pulls than anyone and he cant beat all longs.
On a stock motor anyway.

Same set up with different mapping will approach 200hp.
I called you last night, did you get the message?
You bought a 12?

We Dynoed 4 Busas today,2 with Akrapovics,1 with a Yosh and one had stock exhaust in 94 degree temps with 70% humidity.All bikes had a PC2.I removed my Airbox and installed it on the bike with the Akrapovic/Stock Airbox,the bike picked up 6 horsepower with the 007 map.I then installed the 007Nick map and got another 2 horsepower.I also tried all the maps that was made for aftermarket exhaust on one bike to see if there was a big difference,there probably a 1 to 2 horsepower difference in the maps without setting the low/mid and high percentages.So dont load a map thinking that it doesnt have to be fine tuned to get horsepower,it does.Playing with the PC2 maps will yeld a couple of horsepower.The last 2 dyno runs I have found another 6 horsepower from tuning.Today I reinstalled all long stacks and picked up more horsepower all the way across the rev range.Now I believe the limiting factor is another part of the fuel system that I will let remain secret for now until I do more test.No one yet has attempted this on a Busa and if it works it should give close to another 3 to 5 horsepower.I just have to see if the 2 parts are compatible between 2 different bike.

Nick

Good thread.

Nick recently I dyno tuned my bike and got an extra 6 rwhp (plus a fatter mid and smoother bottom) just by dropping in the 007HARV map and then tweaking it a little.

When I told my tuner, a guy who plays the DynoJet system like a concert pianist, that I wanted to try both 007HARV and 007NICK, he asked me "Where were these maps created?"

"007HARV in Cleveland," I answered, "and 007NICK in the Gainesville area."

He said "Gainesville is too close to sea level for us, but Cleveland is just right."

I didn't want to spend the whole day pulling one map against the other and tweaking them both, so I went along with his recommendation.

Any comments Nick?

How does your map differ from 007HARV?

Gixxer 1300
Bruce came to the dyno with the 007nick map installed if the map he had was correct then the top numbers for 100% throttle from approx 6000rpm on were hi neg values something like-17,-19.The Air /Fuel ratio on the Dynojet 250 said way to lean this side of the pond at least.I think we ended up with something like+3 or +4 or something like that and a gain of 3bhp.Interestingly I noticed the numbers for 80% throttle were +ve too.Is there any particular reason that this so?I have not come across this setup before.
Gasabusa

Back