Alarm Install / Review

Anybody else had any experience with this system, im in the market for one and im still trying to decide. I like the price of this one alot better than the Scorpio.

I installed it a few weeks ago. Pretty simple to install. I ran into a problem (my fault), called the company and they walked me through troubleshooting. This was on a Saturday. Later they called and emailed me to make find out if they could do anything else. I love alarm. Trying to post pictures of my install and comments.

I'm mainly concerned when I stay at a hotel overnight so probably a few hundred feet at most would work for me.
I'll say this about my Scorpio. When Bronc3 and I were at Road Atlanta, we parked the bikes in his enclosed trailer no more than 75-100 yards away from the room and I had no signal in the room from the alarm. Don't know if it was the trailer messing with the range, but to say the least, I was not very impressed.

I think the Internatrix alarm is a good product for the money.
No transmitter/reciever will work through a metal box very well.
It's in effect a Faraday Cage, I somtimes work in one to tune radio gear in an enviroment with no EM noise.

Its not a problem with the alarm, just the location its in.

Cheers
Ross
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130329336 -->

Hey guys, I will be installing the TW-400 on my 05 busa. Can you help me out with the best way to wire and install this alarm? I would like to use all the features (ignition kill, Where should I connect the Pink & Gray wires? Thanks for your help.

Gregbusa, and the rest of the fellas (and ladies) I have the TW-400 installed on one of my two Busas. IMO It is a better alarm than the Scorpio alarm. I have both. The Scorpio I500SE is installed on an 03 Busa. Works fine, loved it, it is a great alarm system. It has the perimeter sensor, ignition disable, siren, battery back up, vibration alert, tilt sensor, remote pager. The Internatrix TW-400 has the same. Here are the differences. The Scorpio stores pass alarm triggers with time, date and type of trigger. The TW-400 does not. The TW-400 has a voice warning, and a blinking LED light when armed, the Scorpio does not. The Scorpio I500SE cost $400.00 when you factor in the factory wiring kit, (Suzuki wiring, Honda wiring, Yamaha etc...). Yes I paid that much because I wanted the best. The Internatrix cost 139.00, shipping included. The TW-400 is installed on my 06 Busa. The main reason I like the TW-400 more than the Scorpio other than the obvious price is this: If the Scorpio pager goes off because there is an alarm trigger on the 03 Busa, I run outside the siren is already going off the culprit has moved away from the bike. Now check this out; if the TW-400 pager goes off I run outside a few seconds later the voice warning is just going off now here come the siren. You see, the TW-400 notifies me before the alarm goes off. The Scorpio notifies me after it goes off. Which would you prefer?
Any who, the control module is mounted under my front seat on top of the control module. The black rubber band will stretch over to hold them both. I mounted the perimeter sensor under the rear seat forward of the tool kit.
Hope Pandain can send you the wiring diagram since he seems to have it already written or printed out. If not let me know and I will send you something I will will come up with.

<!--EDIT|motioncobra
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140544422 -->

This is a duhhhhh moment for me.

Don't know why I didn't just paste the instructions here to make it easy for everyone.

Good luck all!

--------------------------------------------------

left/right directions from viewpoint of looking at bike from the rear
Need: Lots of small zip-ties

main bundle (big connector)
-red wire
- Direct to the positive terminal of the battery
-black wire
- direct to the negative terminal of the battery
-brown wire
-When you disconnect the rear fairing, you'll
notice it has a wiring harness.
There is a brown wire in the harness.
That's the taillight. Use an inline splice
(T-connector) to tap the brown wire into
the harness's brown wire.
-yellow wires (2)
- You'll find the signal wires going down into
the signal stalks. There are 2 wires. Black
and black with a white stripe.
Connect one yellow to the black/white
wire using an inline splice.
Connect the other yellow to the
other black/white using an inline splice.

ground wire (black with round silver connector)
On left-side there is a large metal thing (sorry!)
looks like a capacitor, don't know what it is
There is a bolt that goes directly to this device,
connect the ground to this bolt. Do not connect
to the fastening bolts, they have rubber grommets
and are not a ground.

speaker wires with white connector
line speaker with top of plastic lining on
center-stand handle. Drill 3 holes in plastic.
Stick speaker to the plastic and use zipties to
secure speaker to the plastic.
siren wires with white connector
put siren on right-side; outside; of storage
area. Drill 2 holes through the plastic and use
a zip tie to go through one hole and out the
other then secure the siren
antenna wire (thick wire with ps/2 style connector)
place on right-side between frame and storage
area; zip-tie the extra cable and keep in storage
area
black/red w/ white connector (LED on one end)
I drilled a hole into my license plate surround that
accomodates the LED housing. I then drilled a
hole into the center of the license mounting
bracket so I could pass the wires up into the
storage area for connection.
To get the LED out of the surround, gently push on
the LED itself. It'll pop out the back of the surround.
DO NOT pull on the wires. They're only soldered on.
black/red w/ black connector
plugs into perimeter sensor; put it on top of the
CPU under the driver seat
grey/pink wires (used for ignition stop)
I didn't use these. I didn't want to risk the bike
being turned off while going down the road cause I
accidently hit the 'arm' button in my pants pocket

Hey guys, I would like to thank you all for your help. Be safe and be Blessed.

<!--EDIT|Gregbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140846187 -->

Back