Alarm Install / Review

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
So being the paranoid person I am and living in Nothern California, I had to order an alarm system for the beast.

I went with the TW-400 from Internatrix (linky) for a combination of features for price.

I haven't dealt with other motorcycle alarm companies but I have dealt with alot of vendors.  Lemme just say, Internatrix has the best customer service I've seen in a long time.  I managed to destroy the control unit by wiring the lights wrong (we're pretty sure that was it).  They shipped me another unit that same day priority mail!

While I was waiting on the control unit to arrive I took the time to do the wiring right.  I drilled a few strategic holes in the undertail and used a few that already existed and ran the wires where they were nicely tucked and hidden.  

The alarm has two "speakers".  One for the voice warning "This motorcycle is protected by an Internatrix alarm" and one for the very loud siren.   I put the voice speaker on the plastic for the center-stand pull handle and the siren on the other side of the undertail.  Plenty loud to penetrate the plastic and both are protected from the elements.

Wiring was really a breeze, just choose the right wire.  Internatrix gave me the helpful hint I needed to figure out which wire to use.  Yep, I had the wrong one. Doh!

The control unit uses a sticky pad to sit in the storage space below the rear seat all the way in the back.  It takes up a little storage space, but still room for my sunglasses and blackberry, etc.  All-in-all, it took about 3.5 hours for me to do everything.  Not bad considering I'd never taken the rear fairing off before.  

The alarm itself is working great.  I really like the perimeter feature.  I have it tuned so that if someone puts a hand on the bike, it goes off and tells them to move away.  If you sit it straight up, it goes nuts.  The remote paging is awesome.  Up to 1/2 mile away I'll get a page that someone is messing with my beast.  Pity the fool.

If anyone wants to know details on the wiring just PM me.

Pics follow...

The finished product first.

<!--EDIT|PandaNin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127789826 -->

finishedproduct2.jpg

Thanks for the review. I have been mulling this over, ever since I saw Dakkine2's post about this alarm (comparing it with the Scorpio). You may have pushed me over the edge on this one....

Cool. All the features of the Scorpio at a fraction of the price. Do all the components appear to be of good quality? Also have you tested the range? I'm mainly concerned when I stay at a hotel overnight so probably a few hundred feet at most would work for me.

Cool.  All the features of the Scorpio at a fraction of the price.  Do all the components appear to be of good quality?  Also have you tested the range?  I'm mainly concerned when I stay at a hotel overnight so probably a few hundred feet at most would work for me.
The components are good quality. No signs of hot glue-guns gone wild or anything. Electronic components are sealed and the connections are top-notch built. The wire for the LED pulled loose after I tried routing it 5 times. Couldn't tell which lead was + and - so spent $1.25 at Radio Shack for a new one. Easy enough.

RE: range, I walked down the block and had my daughter get near the bike. It worked fine.

I'm mainly concerned when I stay at a hotel overnight so probably a few hundred feet at most would work for me.
I'll say this about my Scorpio. When Bronc3 and I were at Road Atlanta, we parked the bikes in his enclosed trailer no more than 75-100 yards away from the room and I had no signal in the room from the alarm. Don't know if it was the trailer messing with the range, but to say the least, I was not very impressed.

I think the Internatrix alarm is a good product for the money.

Have never used it so I can't comment. I will say that when I was staying in a hotel a couple months ago I had no problems with reception on my Scorpio alarm. Room was on the 3d floor and I was alerted to a security guard walking near the bike. I know because he was there when I went downstairs.

Just installed mine.
Has a pretty loud alarm (125 db.).
Perimeter feature works good and is adjustable.
Took almost 2 hours to do install and is very easy with the wiring directions that PandaNin sent to me. (Thanks again.)
Has good range for the remote.
I would say it is def. worth the money for the people that can't afford to pay over $300 for a Scorpio alarm.

<span style='color:darkblue'>Guys let me tell you how impressed I was.... visit my web site        http://zmanalarms.tripod.com    I can tell you its everything they say and better. I decided to start an alarm installation biz,(for those who are not to comfortable installing their own alarms)I was so impressed. I cant tell you enough. This alarm is better than Scorpio and the only reason they are more expensive is the (custom wiring harness) that caters to specific bikes. Trust me if you have any type of basic wiring knowledge you will have no problems with installation. By the way, I have them listed on Ebay starting bids @ $120.00</span>

<!--EDIT|vectorw3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128875832 -->

Twoway.jpg

Vector, Im probably wrong here but werent you selling these alarms at one point before? I remember someone trying to do a remote start on a show bike with that type of alarm, cause I posted some photo's of how to instructions.

It sounds decent but dont know much about it.

JD

Got mine yesterday and installed it last night. Talk about easy? Simplest alarm I've ever installed. I mounted the control unit under the hump, so I could access it to adjust. Antenna is located next to it along the little plastic wall. Alarm speaker is in the tail toward the back. Voice speaker is on the kick stand side. VERY LOUD chirp. I laugh everytime the woman's voice says, "warning....yada yada".

I have not installed the flashing light feature yet, because I'm not sure where I should splice into the turn signals? Any ideas would be helpful. I chose not to install the engine cutout feature, due to some bad experiences with a car alarm. Maybe I will do it later.

Bottome line? Fantastic alarm for the money. $139.00 TYD. LOVE IT!

fastball, I'm sending you my instruction set so you can figure out a decent place to put the light. It won't splice into the turn signals.

Check your PM.

biggrin.gif
Thanks for the wiring diagram Pandain, I am sorry to had bothered you after looking at it was way to easy. I did it in about 30 mins. Only reason was is that I have a custom undertail and had to wire the lights before. Hell the Alarm works just by installing the positive and negative to the battery the rest is plug and play. Lights and kill are extras and require a little work compared to the rest of the install. I didn't install the shut off as I do wheelies on the Busa might hit it by accident. I did hook the lights up. Led placement was the hardest thing for me as I didn't want to do any drilling. I placed the LED right on top of the Instrument panel under the windscreen used some tape to keep in place it right in the middle. That Led is so bright, looks sweet. Last but not least the microwave, all I can say is my wife is tired of it going off everytime she walks past the bike in the garage. Once you get use to the remote, your in love. Glad I got it, and I think I will charge those who don't want to install them 30bucks to do it. Way to easy. Thanks again Pandain you are the Man.
jump9.gif

Back