Airshifter question

Kirk

Registered
For you guys and gals that have a airshifter, What do you do to get rid of the backfire when the engine kills. This is my 1st fuel injected bike so I have never had this problem before.

Very long kill times can create noticible backfires. Most killboxes are adjustable from about 50 milliseconds to 150 milliseconds. You can try decreasing kill time. General rule of thumb, you only need 100 or more milliseconds if you are spraying the motor or you have a turbo.

Turn your kill time down some and it will help. Personally I've grown to love that little backfire.

Well if it really really really bothers you there is an alternative. Get another kill box and kill the injectors bewteen shifts. This will also make your FI blink.

I'm killing the injectors on mine with no backfire. It does set the FI light and I think it will set it with some ignition kills.

See,I do know a little something

Yes sir! I'll back you on that one!

BTW.... Looking at the lean spikes on the data logger will sure scare you the first time you see it with an injector kill!

I kill my injectors too but don't see any FI problems.. we must wore ours different. OD the shortest kill that will let it shift, and no more.

I have the kill turned down as low as it can and still shift.
I need another kill box? which one?
I wish I would have researched it a little more before buying the kit that I have.
Thanks for the info.

I have a Muzzy shifter setup that uses their digi-kill 3 box. I don't have any back fire and it does set the FI light, but only until you shut the bike off. When you restart it is gone. Their box is soo small, much much smaller than the MPS kill box I have on my GSXR1000.

Back