airbox mods.......

There is alot of confusion and misrepresentation here.
A small box mod is the flapper area removed and removal of the flapper acuator in the bottom.
A full box mod is the whole floor cut out of the airbox except the stack area.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123788292 -->

And the small mod is enough for the std bore Busa with cams and pipe .

Maybe even enough for the big bores depending on the top-end components/mods .

just do it
beerchug.gif

I just did an airbox mod myself, I cut that flap out and cut out the surrounding plastic. I can say, i can feel the difference. On some backroads in 3rd gear, you can DEF. feel something more there, expecially on 1/4 throttle, During normal city driving, it seems to surge and pick up alot of power by itself on about 30 mph, it also much livlier under 4k. Now, someone posted " a video of my turbine powered busa" Basically he did an airbox mod and made it sound like a jet plane taking off. How do i get that sound, Ive tried pm's the guy but no responce yet

Well, the air box mod is great. Bike actually idles better accelerates smoother. I cannot say it has better pull up top, but it pulls so hard I don't know if I could tell. Also got 45 MPG which ios the highest I have gotten on a tank so far. Bike has 1250 miles so it may just be loosening up.
biggrin.gif

I just did an airbox mod myself, I cut that flap out and cut out the surrounding plastic. I can say, i can feel the difference. On some backroads in 3rd gear, you can DEF. feel something more there, expecially on 1/4 throttle,  During normal city driving, it seems to surge and pick up alot of power by itself on about 30 mph, it also much livlier under 4k.   Now, someone posted " a video of my turbine powered busa"  Basically he did an airbox mod and made it sound like a jet plane taking off. How do i get that sound, Ive tried pm's the guy but no responce yet
Get Velocity stacks you will get that sound.

I have the small mod.
Unless ur drag racing, don't do the full mod
Small will work w/ big bore kits.
I've haven't seen too many full mod street bikes.
+1 on the Velocity stacks

Anyone got a link to those stacks?
you can just get a pair of OEM shorties from the dealer....for a less expensive solution than billet.

MY question is....does anyone have dyno proof to post on exactly how much power is lost in the mid range when going from the 2 & 2 stacks to all shorties?
I am just looking for a link or pic that SHOWS me the amount of loss...and where....etc.
I know the theories...just want the data now.

Oh yeah. <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Filter for the street</span>!!!!!!! You will do damage to the engine with in a few miles if you run with out the filter.
Stock Suzuki filters flow the best.

Ill be short...I have a completely stock bike. Is there anything I can do regarding the air box to improve performance?

I have a 2004 busa Black & Purple, Yosh RS3 Slip-ons, K&N Filter, Powercommander 3 USB, and a 16 tooth front sprocket. Just came back from the Dyno, i just wanted to know how much hp it was making since i'm going turbo. It only made 156 hp. After i did the small air mod, got rid of some of the excess oil of the K&N filter and re-mapped the Powercommander it pulled a best of 165.8 hp. Couldn't get the copy of the dyno pull, (no printer) but my buddy at the shop will get me the copy and i'll post it for you all to see. I'll tell you that i'm happy with the mod and after ridding the bike, i felt it pulling stong... it's a hole new bike.

(ofcford @ Jul. 22 2006,23:39) Be sure you have someone to re map for EACH mod!
Stock filter flows better than BMC or K&N. ::r{{
what would ever make you think that a stock filter flows better than a k&n or bmc?

Back