air shifter

pphouayvongsa

Registered
I'm looking into buying a air shifter, but need some question before puchasing.My question is "do you have to still hold the clutch down when you air shift? Or does the air shifter kit shift automatically with the push of the button without pulling the clutch?

you push the button and it cuts the engine shifts and your back to smokin up the track

Yep, an airshifter is designed for wide open throttle, clutchless upshifts.  Peg the throttle and press a button (usually the horn) and it kills the engine for a micro-second and a cylinder pulls it to the next cog. Makes it easier to make that dreaded 1-2 shift every time.

Try MPS racing

<!--EDIT|Ludicrous Speed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106018478 -->

also great for controling wheel stands,short shift rather then lift,any time the throttle is not open ets suffer,use some common sense with this one though

cant say which is the best,but i have a muzzy on my 12,(no fi light)
works like a charm,i was told on sho that they work well
but the fi light comes on with every shift,(busa)i just bought a
spencer (mps) this kit includes pressure gauges,something the muzzy does not, install will begin after i finnish digging out
from this blizzard !! i saw the muzzy somewhere for 540.00
i can find out if you want,the mps was 565.00 i think,hope
this helps

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106495801 -->

There are two different kinds: compressed air or C-02.

C-02 is smaller and does not require an onboard compressor, but you have to refill the bottle instead of running the compressor on the fly to refill.

There are people that will tell you one is better than the other, but my opinion is that if you are using it to race only, go C-02, street riding and occasional racing, go with the compressor type.

Compressor systems are cheaper, too. You can get a compressor from walmart for 15-$20

mps makes good "race" equipment. including air shifters.

I have a co2 mps setup with the wiring git, kill box for the busa. Used it maybe 5 passes. I took it off and it is just sitting there. If you are I will sell it for 325 tyd.

rich is it the mps kill box?

I am REALLY interested

not really,as long as it is set up correctly,my install is complete,(sort of)haven't been able to road test (snow)
to check,set kill time
 if you are making big power,you should undercut the trans
been using one on my 12 since last spring,no problems,so far

I would like to make a suggestion.

I just bought the MPS sportbike shifter along with a Switch Swapper.

First, the air tank is too big to fit under the hump w/o cutting something.

Second, the switch swapper is a ripoff. I thought it would all "plug and play", but you still have to put all your own ends on, etc.... I understand that everyone wants to put it in a different place. That brings me to my final gripe:

The box is supposed to be stuck somewhere visible with double sided tape. Read: UGLY.......

I am just going to use a regular switch and do it myself, that way it is more hidden.

I just don't like a bunch of stuff "stuck on" all over the bike....

i dont know if this will be of much help,but here goes,i think you can mount the air tank to the outside of the subframe,
right rear if sitting on the bike,i dont know what a switch
swapper is so i cant help with that,i have the sport bike,wire
harness that works real well,scotchlocks to neg side of coils
i did not use the pin connectors to solenoid,i cut and soldered
them,the harness laid out nicely,everything else just plugged
in,i mounted the switch off the right upper radiator mount,
just made a little straight bracket,i put the kill box at the bottom of the trunk,once it is set there is no need to have it out in the open,i had big problems getting the ilb co2 bottle
mounted,but its in,hope this was of some help

My .02..................
I love the Muzzy CO2. All connectors are there, good instructions(except for the horn button is not black w/ blue strip coming out of the connector that needs to be swapped for the horn button on my 04, it changes to blue on the side that needed to be pulled). The gear change is smooth as an auto tranny and no "POP" on gear changes.....
So what the FI light comes on.........Your using the airshifter so you know why its on, ur not really gonna be using the shifter on the street so that it would be on in your face for a 100 mile ride, so when you are done using the shifter on a pass or whatever, turn the bike off and restart and guess what "NO FI LIGHT"
So I definately vouch for the fit, finish, and performance of the muzzy..........

just tried the shifter,works great,didnt go to far,wet salty roads and fresh paint not a good combo,supposed to be warm the next couple of days,hopefully i will get a chance to load it hard and know for sure,seems right no popping,nice and smooth

Back