Air Ride questions

naynay

Registered
Im installing an airride from Tricky Air but im going to be running it off a tank to make it a little quicker! has anybody done this? Im wanting to run it off a pressure switch to cut the compressor on and off to fill the tank> I know most use a gauge and a on/off toggle swich. If anybody has any ideas or can help please do! I got a show on July 12 so im ina a bind! air ride is due here tomorrow! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see. I have the Dapincci and just did the same. ???Things to remember here..you have tricky and I have dapincci, dont know the comparison between the air-compressors???
PARTS: 1 lbs air bottle from MPS w/ bottle top fitting, misc neumatic fittings, air pressure gauge to monitor what is going on, pressure switch on @ 110psi / off at 150psi, and a relay for the switch.
Bike raises in less than 1 second. 150 psi is about max psi output of the compressor!

That bottel fits nice crossway in the tail just behind the trunk latch bar. Compressor goes to a "T" going to tank fitting and air-ride valves. I'll PM you on more info. There is a write up and pic on my system, but its on that other forum
winkold.gif

I want to do the same thing with my tricky air ride. But there is only one valve to dump and thats it. The system has a compressor and a single vale so I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy the stuff you suggested and another valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Why would you need to buy another valve? Im doing this same set-up to my Bud's Tricky system. Compressor to bottle, bottle to valve, valve to air cylinder. Dont let the Dapincci dual valve comfuse you. The instand up is still the same for a single valve system. Here is a link to a vid of my instant up in action and a walk thru of it.

- BigRod Hayabusa air-ride[/url]

- BigRod Hayabusa air-ride instant UP[/url]

:beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Compressor to bottle, bottle to valve, valve to air cylinder. I understand that but now whats going to let the air out of the cylinder with out buying another valve?

Your Tricky system already lets the air out correct??? IT is still the same. The valve controller has a small port on it lets releas the air out when you toggle it for down. All you end up doing is installing a tank between the compressor and valve controller. That is what gives you the quick volume of stored air to pop up the ride cylinder when the valve opens...all else is the same. To contoll air volume in the tank...you need a pressure switch w/ relay that turns on the compressor at 110 psi and off at 150psi of the tank. When you run your normal switch to work the ride...it is controlling the valve as normal, but just NOT operating the compressor. The pressure switch controls the compressor only. Do you have a headache yet:beerchug:

Just to simplify something. From the valve to line to cylinder...is all underpressure when you raise the bike. WHen you dump the air out of the cylinder, it is actualy opening the top of the valve= ZERO air in valve - line- cylinder. If you look close at the valve box..you may see a small hole or even a piece of corkboard thing...that is the release opening. Look back at my pics showing the Dapincci valve...see the top of it. I only have a dual valve because of Dapincci cylinder is a dual chamber cylinder set-up.
Hope this is helping.:please:

The air line goes straight to the air cylinder and thats the only air line so the compressor kicks on and fills the cylinder and the valve releases the air out of the cylinder.

100_0626 (Medium).jpg

See the little brass/gold piece on the valve...bingo. That is more than likey the air release area. When you toggle air up..your compressor runs to fill cylinder. When you toggle air down..it opens your valve to realse the air out. Tricky has their valve connected to the compressor. Do to that the set-up will be bit diff from mine.
Let me think on this one....I see the problem now. To work smoothly you need the tank between the compressor and valve. Let me think and I'll get back.

Ok..yes you would need a second valve between the tank and air cylinder just to stop the tank volume and psi from the cylinder. That one would operate on your toggle up to open air flow to cylinder. The Tricky valve take off and plug the hole in the compressor. Install that vavle "T"ed to the line between the new valve and the compressor. This would still be wired as is by the toggle to release the air out of the cylinder. Compressor would need wire off away from toggle to the pressure switch.:beerchug:

Thats what I thought but was not sure thanks for the help. Now the ? is where to get a valve,pressure switch and bottle?

Hint....do not use a empty Co2 bottle as tank...it does not work. The pin valve will not let the air in/out fast enough:whistle:.

Ok..yes you would need a second valve between the tank and air cylinder just to stop the tank volume and psi from the cylinder. That one would operate on your toggle up to open air flow to cylinder. The Tricky valve take off and plug the hole in the compressor. Install that vavle "T"ed to the line between the new valve and the compressor. This would still be wired as is by the toggle to release the air out of the cylinder. Compressor would need wire off away from toggle to the pressure switch.:beerchug:

Bigrods instant up system works great and he has explained the mods you need to do pretty much on the money, just to confirm bigrods explanation.

There are a few differences in the control systems between his and your systems, because you are using a single chamber system you need a second valve and you will need to do the following to get the instant up to work.

Wire the compressor to a relay and pressure switch + add a fuse for the compressor and add an isolation switch for when the compressor is not in use.
Wire the up switch to the inline valve.

If you need any assistance with your air ride system im more than happy to help.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Hope this helps.

Matt

MBP Tank System.jpg

I have called in the calvary for you. I dont know if he is a member here or not "MBP". He knows his stuff when it comes to air-rides. I sent him a link to this....see what happens.

Back