Air fuel gauge- narrow or wide band needed?

I'd use a wide band, wouldn't even bother with a narrow band. From my experience with them they only read accurate at wide open throttle...the rest of the time the readings are all over the place. The wide band will continuously give you a steady accurate reading.

I'd use a wide band, wouldn't even bother with a narrow band. From my experience with them they only read accurate at wide open throttle...the rest of the time the readings are all over the place. The wide band will continuously give you a steady accurate reading.
And a wider range to measure. EFI engines actually run a pretty broad range of ratios from 15:1+ at a light cruise (Honda cars can get into the 19:1 range.) to 12.5:1 or so under full throttle. If it's been tuned then it could get even richer. I'd want to be able to watch it from top to bottom.

And a wider range to measure. EFI engines actually run a pretty broad range of ratios from 15:1+ at a light cruise (Honda cars can get into the 19:1 range.) to 12.5:1 or so under full throttle. If it's been tuned then it could get even richer. I'd want to be able to watch it from top to bottom.

Thanks great info guys. Gonna go with the wide band. Sounds like its worth the extra $$

Back