mapping questions - PC and narrow band

V8Pinto

Registered
My bike us (usually) mapped at sea level but when I race, the altitude is 3,000+ feet (seen as high as 9,000 corrected at Bonneville). I can't run a wide-band setup to log A/F ratio but I've made up a narrow band deal that is class legal.

Question is - does the ECU compensate from sea level(base map) to altitude? Am I going to gain anything with my narrow band setup?

I understand the limitations/drawbacks of the narrow band sensor - but it's better than spitting in the wind and seeing what flies back.

Shane,

I may get corrected here, but I don't think the narrow band will compensate when at 100% throttle on the EU o2 equipped busas. You should hit up Petrik with these questions. There is also some data logging built into the factory ECUs that can be tapped. You might be able to tap into it on an EU ECU and log it. I'm not sure if the OEM narrow band will respond fast enough to get a rapid rise. but you are likely more interesting in what happens with 100% throttle in 6th on a long pull anyhow.

Just might be worth looking into.

Rick

Thanks Professor,

I've requested access to Petrik's site (still waiting to be approved). That ECU datalogging looks pretty trick.

What I'm trying to do is get a visual of my A/F during a run. 6th gear WOT for a mile at El Mirage, and for 5 miles at Bonneville. Really, I am only concerned about the A/F at 10,300+ RPMs in 6th gear at WOT. At El Mirage that works out to about..I don't know...maybe 7 seconds? At Bonneville I could read a book and get my wife's nails done - I get a long time (I love Bonneville).

I sure would like to run an LM1 against my narrow band setup under those conditions and see how far I'm off. Just riding to work my homebrew A/F setup read 12.5:1 so I'm in the ballpark. Time for some adjusting.

It is kind of hard to get a good 6th gear pull going to work!
smile.gif

Back