Lambda Narrow band o2

Dallas76012

Registered
Does anyone out there know at what rev range the Hayabusa narrow band o2's operate? My Kawasaki Zx10r operated quite high into the rev range but I can't find any info on the Busa's setup.
Cheers.

The O2 sensor operates any time the engine is running. Imagine the exhaust pipe is an air tank that the sensor is reading.

If you want to know if the sensor is effecting the fuel curve... The ECU is programmed to adjust the fuel under cruise conditions once the engine is at normal temperature. At full throttle, it refers to a fuel table only.

Hope that helps.
BQ

The O2 sensor operates any time the engine is running. Imagine the exhaust pipe is an air tank that the sensor is reading.

If you want to know if the sensor is effecting the fuel curve... The ECU is programmed to adjust the fuel under cruise conditions once the engine is at normal temperature. At full throttle, it refers to a fuel table only.

Hope that helps.
BQ
I was under a similar impression as @Dallas76012 and that the busas o2 sensor only effected anything while at idle and just above.

The main purpose of the O2 sensor is to keep the right fuel mixture for the catalytic converter to stay hot so it can clean exhaust leaving the engine.
With that being said the engine has to be in a fairly steady state so that the adjustments can be made correctly.
The sensor can operate under mild acceleration but at a certain point, the fuel gets determined by a fuel table.

I'm not positive but from my experience with my Suzuki 1000, it seems that the ECU wants to keep the hair fuel ratio somewhere around 12.0 while under steady engine conditions. The reason I think that, is that I tried to tune my cruising fuel to a leaner setting in order to save gas, but it seemed like the tuning didn't work very well at cruising. However, tuning full throttle was easy and results could be seen on the first attempt.

Lastly, if you read Suzuki repair manual they show a block diagram that gives a very basic hint to how the sensor gives feedback to the computer or fuel tuning. Of course they don't give you great detail so I cannot say what percentage that it has an effect.

I know this is a lot to read but I've spent a lot of time thinking about how to defeat the O2 sensor but also use it to my advantage.

Actually as long as the engine is running, it’s using it. That’s why if you forget to turn off the o2 sensor in the tune, or don’t use the eliminator sim changing values in the map won’t have any effect. The ecu will add or take away fuel based off the o2 sensor if it’s not turned off.

The main purpose of the O2 sensor is to keep the right fuel mixture for the catalytic converter to stay hot so it can clean exhaust leaving the engine.
With that being said the engine has to be in a fairly steady state so that the adjustments can be made correctly.
The sensor can operate under mild acceleration but at a certain point, the fuel gets determined by a fuel table.

I'm not positive but from my experience with my Suzuki 1000, it seems that the ECU wants to keep the hair fuel ratio somewhere around 12.0 while under steady engine conditions. The reason I think that, is that I tried to tune my cruising fuel to a leaner setting in order to save gas, but it seemed like the tuning didn't work very well at cruising. However, tuning full throttle was easy and results could be seen on the first attempt.

Lastly, if you read Suzuki repair manual they show a block diagram that gives a very basic hint to how the sensor gives feedback to the computer or fuel tuning. Of course they don't give you great detail so I cannot say what percentage that it has an effect.

I know this is a lot to read but I've spent a lot of time thinking about how to defeat the O2 sensor but also use it to my advantage.
I enjoyed reading this. Also impressed with 3 messages in 14 years. You've been holding out

Actually as long as the engine is running, it’s using it. That’s why if you forget to turn off the o2 sensor in the tune, or don’t use the eliminator sim changing values in the map won’t have any effect. The ecu will add or take away fuel based off the o2 sensor if it’s not turned off.
Turn it off through ecu flash?

Back