Aftermarket Fuel Pump/Regulator...

OB_GSXRboy

Registered
For those of you running a Aftermarket Fuel Pump/Regulator what PSI do you have it set at? If you are bored or stroked please mention that also. I'll assume if you have a 2,3,4mm kit you would need a little higher pressure etc. Thanks.

I am running stock pressure 45psi. I did not think the problem with the stock unit was pressure but VOLUME. That is different. So if you provide the bike with a pump capable of delivering more volume meaning it can provide more than the bike can use at 11k rpms then more pressure should ot be needed.

Am I right? Help me out some of you pro engine guys?

Don
roaddog

Haltech halmeter got it from kinsler injection other than welding the bung on takes about 20 minutes to install

I have the same pump and regulator you do,The problem wasnt pressure as you said.For me it was instability at high rpm after the pump warmed up.I have an o2 sensor and as soon as the motor would flutter i looked down and the a/f meter was lean as hell.Installed the new system and raised the pressure a little a/f still shows 12.5/1 from what i see if the a/f ratio stays were i want it then the motor is getting what it wants so why try to put more fuel when it isnt asking for it?also i think the stock pump has some volume issues that i didnt notice.with the new system runs better than it ever has.

Back