Aftermarket Exhaust

Joe Waugaman

Registered
I recently just purchased a 2006 Hayabusa with 1150 miles on it. It's beautiful. Anyway, I'm looking for information on slip on exhaust for it to replace the factory ones. Which one will give me the best sound. I'm not too worried about increasing horsepower, but I want to make sure that it doesn't compromise the stock ecu configuration. Thanks for any help.

You should be fine with any slip on. I don' know of any that will affect your A/F (enough to be concerned with). Sound is a matter of preference. What kind of sound are you looking for?

M4s are kind of loud, very lightweight and IMO they are very nice looking. I believe they are available with a quiet insert but I do not believe they are the loudest on the market. Up there though.

I always say, "get a full system." Look at the price diff. A full system is not that much more $$ for a 4-2-1 single which is a more traditional race look if appearance is a factor. Also quite a bit lighter. Only downside is it would be a lot more work to install than slipons. Buy tge best and buy once--I always try to go that rout. If you can find a set of slipons--any slipons--for very cheap, that might be a good way to go if you think you might want to upgrade to a full system later on.

Thanks guys. I kind of like the dual exhaust look for now. I will be upgrading in the future, but for now, I want to make sure I'm heard before I'm seen. I always geared down on my 04 R6 with a full Yoshimura exhaust system while I was in traffic to make sure I was heard. I've had enough close calls of people trying to share my lane without looking. Not to mention it sounds great. Anyway, I'll look into the M4's today. Thanks again.

Thanks guys. I kind of like the dual exhaust look for now. I will be upgrading in the future, but for now, I want to make sure I'm heard before I'm seen. I always geared down on my 04 R6 with a full Yoshimura exhaust system while I was in traffic to make sure I was heard. I've had enough close calls of people trying to share my lane without looking. Not to mention it sounds great. Anyway, I'll look into the M4's today. Thanks again.
I don’t agree with the being heard argument. Cars so so quiet then add a blairing radio or headphones.

And with the busa you’ll putt a lot more than a r6. The busa has so much torque cruisen staying under 3,000 rpm is normal.

Do it because of the sound for you and chicks.

There is a gen1 HMF full dual exhaust with carbon fiber mufflers, new, for $550, in the classifieds here.
Great sound, performance, looks and price.
Would buy it over mufflers only any day, and cheaper.

I've got the Yoshimura slip-ons, love 'em and they sound great...

caesar.jpg

You want to be heard? By Dand D. Harder to find but loud.

Back