Aftermarket Exhaust Systems

OB_Michael J

Registered
I have been hearing a lot of negative comments about aftermarket exhausts for the Hayabusa. The two that I hear the most are that there is no noticeable increase in horsepower and that re-mapping the fuel system may cause long term damage and void warranties. I have a Yosh 4-2-1 race system on order now, but I am considering not getting it because of all the comments I have been hearing. I would be interested in hearing any info anybody may have about the Yosh and Micron full systems. I would also like to hear about the pros and cons associated with re-mapping the fuel system.

Check with Suzuki to see if Remapping the fuel curve will void the warranty.People expect big horsepower gains(10 to 15)when installing an aftermarket exhaust on a bike.There are some exhaust that are better than others but these will still only get you about 5 to 8 horsepower.It depends on how good the stock exhaust is.From speaking to a Suzuki Engineer,he stated that the stock exhaust on the 1300 is pretty efficient and big horsepower gains should not be expected.The best why to chart this is to have your bike dynoed before and after you install the exhaust.

michaelj, okay, here's the spoof on a true hayabusa owner and true yosh 4-2-1 system with remapped fuel injection. 1st: stock, at 550 miles, i had 156.4 rwhp. i bought and paid for a full yosh 4-2-1 stainless system with a ti canister before the bike even came in and before yosh had released them. they are now on and the fuel injection has been remapped. 2nd: i had no idea how much more hp i would gain from this, first of all, the factory pipe is damn nice and designed very well so i didn't expect major gains. what i got was, 5 rwhp from both the pipe and the fuel injection. i now have 161.6 rwhp. my main purpose in getting the pipe was for the looks, sound, and weight savings. (of which there was less than i would have expected) the stock exhaust is not as heavy as i thought it would be. lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 lbs. that's a pretty good neighborhood. but, i love the sound, very deep and throaty, and i love the look and the fit and finish. the bike screams stock so more hp was not a necessity. but you will have to remapp the fuel injection if you put a full system on it. as far as the warranty goes, your rapport with the dealer will have a lot to do with it. mine will be covered for anything going wrong. i'm confident this is not a problem. my buddy had his fuel injection remapped on his 98 gixxer 750 and he has a yosh duplex with a k & n filter. he has 128 rwhp. can't wait for the k & n filter for the busa to come out. that gave him plenty more hp alone. well, don't give up on the yosh. trust me, you won't regret it.
mike

Back