Advise on an GSX1100  Repair??

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Guys , The last Bash I couldnt make it , & my Busa is still torn apart, SO I bought an 1100 ( 1990 ) and all it needed was a tire ,,I have been riding it .Road it Saturday& everything was fine. I go to start it today and Nothing!! No lights , no horn nothing,,,BUT the battery test 12.5 volts? with all my work lined up it is very hard for me to get away .( I have very little play time) I was sure hoping to take a bike to the bash... Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks

Check the kill switch. Pull it apart and check for moisture, and contact.
Check inside the headlight housing for loose wires. My first thought was the kill switch.

Good luck.

I just went out and turned the key and everything was on..Soon as I hit the switch eveythig died ,, Dead!!Nada.. I took the kill switch apart and it was clean , I jumped it with a jumper wire and still nothing... So I guess its a loose connection Somewhere .. I'm glad I made it home the other day.. So even when its bad there is a good side (: i'm just tryin to get this thing ready so I can go take my drivers test..Time is short!! Busa , GSX or Chevy I will be at the Bash!! Thanks If anyone has any more Ideas let me know Thanks
bowdown.gif

The battery checks at 12.6 but when I turn the switch on the volts drop to almost zero..Battery ?
guns.gif
guns.gif
& buy a new one in a few months?

guns.gif

A buddy has a 91? 1100, this happened to him. It was the switch. He traced the wires inside of the head light to the switch. Also found a loose wire in the headlight. Good luck.

I would guess starter switch too. Take it apart and see how it looks inside. Bet there is a shorted wire in there.

(PocketRocket @ Sep. 17 2007,19:21)  I go to start it today and Nothing!! No lights , no horn  nothing,,,BUT the battery test 12.5 volts?  
Is that load tested or just tested with a volt meter???

A battery can test good and then when you put a load on it it will be bad.......

I load tested it today.. Made a home made head- lite adapter and had a volt meter hooked up at the same time.. when the lite went on the volts ropped to almost 0... So I am getting a battery first then see what happens .. Maybe I can get to the Bash with it.. I still need a license too,, Not much time left..thanks
bowdown.gif

make sure the battery wire on the starter is good..theres also a power cutoff with a red center button under the batterbox..if it out try to push it back in or change it..

I use to have tons of parts for those bikes..got ride of everything when i got the Busa..

good luck,its always something stupid..

(PocketRocket @ Sep. 17 2007,21:05) The battery checks at 12.6  but when I turn the switch on the volts drop to almost zero..Battery ?
guns.gif

guns.gif
& buy a new one in a few months?
Battery is shot. (unless you have a lose or bad cable, not likely)

guns.gif

Back