Advice on Akro race pipe

OB_ianfila

Registered
I live in Tampa, FL. obviously very hot & humid & recently purchased an Akro race system. I was informed by the Akro dealer that no mod's were necessary to the black box! This seems very suspect to me based on what i have read regarding the PC2 and Yosh box settings. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No mods are necessary,,, however a significant horsepower increase can be had by tuning with a pcII, but it's not required and won't damage your bike if you don't do it, but if you want the most horsepower you gotta tune for it.

It will propably run a lot richer on bottom, Mine did. You can run it without remapping if money is tight. It runs a hell of a lot better with a PC2.

Unfortunately, I don't think Dynojet has a map for the Akropovic yet. You might want to call them. They didn't have one a month or two ago when I installed my PC2. You might want to wait to install PC until they have a map for the Akropovic. We started out with the Micron Pipe map and after 100+ dynoruns we locked it it the good news my bike made 167.7hp and 101.8lbs, Akropovic pipe,PC2 and airbox mod.

terral what map did you get with pc2 to use with your pipe that you did not have to change or fine tune it?

Back