Elevation fuel map change...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Hey fellas I'm here in the Tampa, FL area where it's only 50 feet above sea level.  I've been running the Yosh RS-3 Race bolt-ons and a PCIII USB for 9 months (I know I don't NEED a PC but it more or less came with the bolt-ons from a board member - thanks Dale!)  Dale informed me the PC III came with a map set up by Dale's dealer in NY for the bolt-ons.
rock.gif
 The exhaust is understandably more rich than the stock cans (afterall they're less restrictive Race cans) and haven't shown to be a problem.

My question is this.  Is it necessary to adjust the PCIII for elevation here in FL from NY?  Furthermore should I adjust from here in FL to Deal's Gap elevation where it ranges between 900-3800 feet above sea level for the Bash?

BTW, I've never attempted to adjust my map or completely familiarized myself with the PCIII.

Thanks all.

Where in New York did it come from? New York elevation ranges from Sea Level to maybe 4,000 feet.

Also, better air-flow will lean the A/F ratio, not richen it.

I am still trying to learn all of this myself, so hopefully someone else will jump in that knows more.

Unless you REALLY ride hard and need every little bit out of your engine you will probably not notice a diff either way, especially running bolt ons.

BUT, for around $80 (without the dyno run / sheet) Ken Wheeler (Robbinsville's legendary bike mechanic / guru) can tune your PC or Suz computer and get you straitened out while your at The Bash.

He did mine last year, I run bolt ons too, and he found 5 or 6 more HP than what was not there when he started and he balanced out the A/F mixture - my bike spends all its time at or just above sea level. In all honesty I did not realize any difference in the way the bike accelerated or ran... Just tossing money around!

The only place I notice a difference in the way my bike runs is when I go up over the skyway elev. up to 5500 ft.I think otherwize I dont see much difference from here at home thats around 800 ft. I would map it for where you ride the most.

Back