Adjusting the Brembo MC

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I have been practicing braking on a deserted road in my area. Have you ever maximum braked from 90 mph? Tufbusa is really spot on about practicing braking. I had never tried to stop quickly from that speed before and it is a bit of a hand full. I had never heard the tire whine a little as it looses traction on the front. BTW I'm not talking about normal slowing down I'm talking about panic stopping only you know when you are going to stop! I painted a white line on the side of the road as a braking marker and I have a little road hazzard cone I use to mark the stopping distance goal (I haven't measured it, I set it after the first try and then just keep moving it closer each time).

I noticed that the brakes seem to fade as I approach maximum braking force. I have the Brembo adjustible MC with EBC HH pads that are fairly new and are broken in with stock rotors. I replaced the fluid twice and checked all the connections for leaks and everything checked out fine. Then I remembered that the Brembo is adjustible. Sure enough I had the setting almost all the way soft. I cranked up the force and it's incredible! I can now lift the rear wheel off the ground with 2 fingers! My braking distance is cut by maybe 20-30 feet!

The power of the brakes at full on is amazing but a bit grabby for street riding so I ended up backing off on the MC a turn and a half. If you haven't played with the adjustment you'll be surprised how much braking is there! Anyway, I feel a lot more confident now and it feels like I have more control of the situation on the road. Just hope I never have to use this skill!

mmm Brembo. :thumbsup:

brembo_Dsc03446.jpg

brembo_Dsc03446.jpg

Last edited:
Back