about zippers in 2 piece setups

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
open my AGV jacket and it has the 8" zipper just above the belt line. It has both sides there like you would 'unzip' the thing and sew the other half to what ever...

The thing is that the top half (attached to jacket) is only sewn into the perforated nylon liner.. Is that all the "hold" power you get? or am I missing something here.. It looks like I could rip the zipper all the way out in about 2 seconds...

OR are you supposed to sew in both half's of the zipper to the gear?

Most two piece have an 8" on the jacket, and the pants.

And a full wrap around on both pieces as well.

But, I think your right about a sew in.

my pants have a full zipper sewn in already (Alpine Bats) but I would rather not buy a new jacket yet this year..

But I figured if the zipper that came with the jacket is just sewn in to keep it from getting lost (needs sewn in to use) then I can just see about getting a zipper that fits the pant and have it sewn into the jacket..

Randy, that extra piece is just a comfort thing so you dont have a bare zipper on your back. Not all 8" zippers will work together. My Joe Rocket pants will not hook up with my AGV jacket and they are both 8"

It's a zipper...jacket to pants...what's the confusion?

Mine is strongly sewn into the liner and back pad with about 3" of strong stretchy material in between...no problems.

My Jacket and pants didn't match zippers, but I took it to my dry cleaners and she mad an adapter insert, which was a piece of nylon with different zippers on each side. Works great and cost 9 bucks.

well the zipper is just sewn into the liner and I have my doubts just how "Attached" all this is if you crash is all.. The liner is pretty flimsy stuff in the AGV jacket..

If you put your stuff on backwards it's easier to zip
cool.gif

The "extra" zipper half on your pants zipper is just so it doesn't scratch you. Take it off. Then zip your jacket to the pants.

I hear ya about the zipper being on your liner, that seems like it could come right apart if you are sliding on your back. My Joe Rocket jacket has the zipper on the jacket itself.

Take the "extra" zipper half to the cleaners or tailor and have them sew it to the jacket.

Mine have the zippers as well, and when they are zipped together, the suit is snug to say the least. But the gear is new. I imagine when I get it broke in, I will zip them together more often, right now it is just not comfortable.

Mine have the zippers as well, and when they are zipped together, the suit is snug to say the least. But the gear is new. I imagine when I get it broke in, I will zip them together more often, right now it is just not comfortable.
yep, nothing worse that having your skirt in a knot
whistling.gif

Back