? about frame sliders

toolmn

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know if there are no cut framesliders available for the 08 busa...I have some nice aluminum black frame sliders w/ the kanji logo that I bought for my 02 and never used them...I just hate to cut the plastic...

Does the 99-07 sliders fit the 08
rock.gif
dunno.gif

I got mine (No Cut Sliders) from Bike Design
http://www.bike-design.com - then search under bike brand, model, year
A bit pricey - but they are relatively easy to fit and have a bar that goes between them for extra bracing!

I would not worry about frame sliders they really no good on a busa because it is to heavy and in a crash all the are going to do is ripe off or really tear your fairing all up.

gen I frame sliders do fit. I have seen first hand how frame sliders can save a ton in damage. It will always be the first mod I do to any bike I own.

gen I frame sliders do fit. I have seen first hand how frame sliders can save a ton in damage. It will always be the first mod I do to any bike I own.
+1

I've seen them save fairings as well, including my own.

At higher speeds whether or not they hold up is going to be the least fo your worries.

Tip over is also my concern. I had a 1993 CBR1000 http://www.bikez.com/picture....er..jpg and they had a plastic cover over the crankcase and another one that stuck out to keep the fairing from damage. I was cut off at 5 mph by someone pull out of a parking spot and I went over the handle bars no damage to the fairing and cost $20 bucks to fix. This is one of the best ideas in sport bike history I think. Too bad the 1000F - F stood for FAT! - isnt still around. I have great insurance and to call them on something stupid could cause an increase.

To have something to possibly protect the bike in a tip over would really help out. I agree a high speed crash and its history anyway and that is what the insurance is for
smile.gif

yes, here is a pic of the right side (not the best pic, and yes it is oval on purpose to make it easier to install/remove the fairings):

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

+1 on tipover concern. My illuminated sliders won't do much good at speed. Ill have insurance handle anything significant, but dont want a silly tipover to be real costly.

Slider.jpg

yes, here is a pic of the right side (not the best pic, and yes it is oval on purpose to make it easier to install/remove the fairings):

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
I would also make a horizontal oval cut because if you go down at a moderate speed it may likely bend your slider back into your fairing if you have a close circular cut, subsequently crushing/cracking your fairing. Seen it happen a couple times...otherwise the fairings would have been fine. On the Gen 1 you can't do this on the left side due to the location of the fairing bolt but you can on the right side.

If you are worried about parking lot tip overs without damage?

Stunt Cage!

I would not worry about frame sliders they really no good on a busa because it is to heavy and in a crash all the are going to do is ripe off or really tear your fairing all up.
bs.gif

They are there to protect the frame and good slider will do that very well. If your worried about a tip over do it. In a low the slider can offer you a chance not to have you foot pinned to the ground by the bike. If I didn't have sliders on my 04 it would have ground down through my boot and started scraping off my ankle bone. The slider kept the weight of the bike off of my foot so I could slide free of the crash.

The no cut slider might be decent for a tip over, but if you really care for a good slider cut the fairing and mount directly to the motor mount were it will do some good. And use sliders that have some give. Metal sliders will transmit impact to the frame at 100% of the hit. Delrin and urathane sliders will partially absorb the impact to help minimize the damage.

Back