a trip in the wayback machine

the thing I fail to understand is that they EDITED Bugs Bunny violence OUT -- cartoony looking Elmar Phud points his shotgun at Daffy Duck's head and USUALLY there would be an explosion and smoke and Daffy's head would be blackened and his beak on backwards, he would adjust it back around to his face and storm off.  The EDIT shows a gun point and cuts to Daffy storming off.  What THE HECK??

Yet MODERN stuff has these large, dark, evil, menacing looking robots or creatures launching nuclear missiles from their knuckles leveling buildings, destroying cities, and knocking their foe to the ground from 2000 feet....  how is that any better?

I remebmer PUFF-n-Stuff.  It was all good fun and wonderful eye candy and I don't care what the drug culture thinks about it.  As a kid, it do a thing to get me to smoke pot or anything like that.  It WAS innocent fun, from a time when innocence was desired not mocked.
I am one of those really "MEAN" Moms. My lil guy (soon to be 5), is not allowed to watch Cartoon Network! Those cartoons are too violent! Ian has grown up watching "Thomas & Friends" and VeggieTales. His favorite has been the Thomas DVD's.

We took him to see Kung Fu Panda, and I was not really happy with his desire to practice his amateur Kung Fu all the time. I realize when the movie is titled "Kung Fu Panda" you have to expect a good amount of fighting. Overall, the movie was cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my little ones to see it too!!!

kung_fu_panda_01.jpg

I am one of those really "MEAN" Moms.  My lil guy (soon to be 5), is not allowed to watch Cartoon Network!  Those cartoons are too violent!  Ian has grown up watching "Thomas & Friends" and VeggieTales.  His favorite has been the Thomas DVD's.  

We took him to see Kung Fu Panda, and I was not really happy with his desire to practice his amateur Kung Fu all the time.  I realize when the movie is titled "Kung Fu Panda" you have to expect a good amount of fighting.  Overall, the movie was cute.
I wouldn't call that mean, I'd call it GOOD PARENTING! Being concerned about what your kids watch or "take in" is HIGHLY RESPONSIBLE! Just pass on those responsible traits.
smile.gif

Can't tell you what my parents ever told me as a child, but watching Elmar shooting at people in cartoon land never influenced me in the slightest to try it live. As a kid, I KNEW it was fake, I KNEW it would be wrong to do, I KNEW it was painful, but in a cartoon where no one actully got hurt it was funny.

Yep. kids act out, kids immitate movies even though ALL THE STUDIES claim otherwise

GOOD FOR YOU and +1 for your parenting actions!!!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Anybody here old enough to remember Ghoulardi? It may have been a regional show in the Cleveland area. I remember it well. How about Capt. Penny
Ghoulardi wa the shid! Cleveland boy here, yeah I remember the man (standing at attention)
peace.gif
peace.gif

peace.gif

Anybody here old enough to remember Ghoulardi? It may have been a regional show in the Cleveland area. I remember it well. How about Capt. Penny
OMG - Ghoulardi?  What great regional TV from Cleveland Ohio.

Later it was the Ghoul on Channel 61.  Big Chuck and Hoolihan with Lil' John.  And at Christmas it was Capt. Penny with Mr. Jingeling the "Keeper of the Keys."  Capt. Penny would always end the show saying "You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom."  The whole thing was sponsored by Bosco, the chocolate crystal powder stuff you put in milk.  

Whoo-hoo.  Cleveland rocks!
Big Chuck Shodowski and Houlihan ,later followed by Big Chuck and Little John(Rinaldi) ahh that takes me back
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back