A question for the 1/4 mile gurus....

toastman

Registered
Hey gang...

So far I have done all the performance mods to the Busa engine/fuel end of the bike. I have also ordered the triple tree,adjustable kickstand, and dog bones from APE. Now today I ordered the (0"-6") swingarm, with the lower brace,bottle bracket from Velocity. I am wondering if the 0"-6" is adequate??? Also, do you guys crank the spring down to its max?? I weigh 230lbs....

Cheers,

Tony

Tony I think you made a good choice with the 0-6" arm.

Because you are going to change the pivot point of the swingarm when you lengthen it out, you really should run a heavier spring and different valving in the rear shock. Hopefully others will chime in here that have more experience with the longer arms.

cranking the spring down to max will over power the dampning, try it with the comp on the hard side and rebound on the slow to return side, sounds like you have money to spend so you might want to invest n a penske or hyperpro, i have both and work great..

Thanks guys...

Money...isn't that the thing Mastercard gives you? hehehe...not much $ Project, just save for the passions in life...but didn't save for a new shock. Maybe next year. So how many clicks out on the comp and rebound do you guys run approx? I will still be riding on the street after the racing ends for the day aswell.

Cheers,

Tony

ps. who makes a good air shifter for the $ (also next years project) ...and can you run on the street with the air shifter, or do you have to disconnect it and put the lever back on?

i run mre air shifter w/ on board compressor. you leave it on at all times. you just need a switch to make your horn button go from horn to air shifter.

I have the Cycle-Tek CO2 system and love it. There is no downside to having an air shifter - use it if you want, don't if you don't.

almost all the the way clockwise on both, maybe max if you weigh 230, turn the spring down so the bike just sags alittle when you sit on it

when i first got my busa i went 6"..... then i went 13" i don't like 6" at all.
but that is just me. more than you need is better than not enough.
i also only weight 150 suited and soaked in sweat.

Back