A little relief from the boredom

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
It has been raining here since Wednesday. I finally got over the cabin fever a little by going out in the boat for about an hour and catching a couple of little fish....and then...you guessed it...the rain came again???

DSC00154.jpg

Looks like the water is up a tad. They had the dams (Wilson and Wheeler) wide open yesterday.

My son git 3rd in a tourney yesterday. He said the only time the fish would bite was when it was raining.

been getting poured on here as well. We had a break yesterday...but had a super loud and bright thunderstorm around 4 this morning with more rain.

Don,

If you don't stop posting pics of the roads up there and the lake your're on, you're going to have a new neighbor!! :moon:

Looks like the water is up a tad. They had the dams (Wilson and Wheeler) wide open yesterday.

My son git 3rd in a tourney yesterday. He said the only time the fish would bite was when it was raining.

Yea, it's up a little...April 17th it looked like this...once upon a time I fished tournaments in all types of weather...maybe that is why I am such a fair weather fisherman now:laugh:

DSC00109.jpg

Fishing is relief from boredom?

I can't do it myself. After five minutes or so I start thinking "There are so many other things I could be doing right now."

Perhaps someday I'll be able to experience the pleasure fishing brings to millions, but I guess I'm not ready to slow down that much yet.

I was with you on the time thing, B, until I mentioned this to one of my bro's. "You just haven't learned how to fish." THEN we went fishing. Didn't stay in any one spot for longer than five minutes! OK, OK...I get it. Still would rather be 'doing' something else. I guess it just hasn't caught up to me yet...maybe with time.

I took your advice and wore the Frogg Toggs this time out, I caught eleven more, but this is the only one that would have helped a tournament fisher...

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

I was with you on the time thing, B, until I mentioned this to one of my bro's. "You just haven't learned how to fish." THEN we went fishing. Didn't stay in any one spot for longer than five minutes! OK, OK...I get it. Still would rather be 'doing' something else. I guess it just hasn't caught up to me yet...maybe with time.

I'm not much of the run and gun type either. I went about a half mile from home with gasoline engine and came all the way back with the trolling motor:)

One if the issues I had when I fished tournaments was I was usually to "slow" for my partner:)

nice lake. we could use some of that rain down here it's pretty dry. we went fishing yesterday and cought some nice spotted sea trout that I had for lunch today.

I love to fish, but BusaWhipped has other ideas. If it has a motor it is suppose to go FAST!!!! Now I fish from the dock!!! :laugh:

Beautiful place, Don!!! :thumbsup:

We are planning on spending the week up there for the fall bash and I want to get a fly fishing trip on.

Back