A little different clutch problem.. need help

hybridtheoryd16

Registered
Ok guys ive been lurking around for quite some time now and was allways able to find my answers thru searching but not this time.

A couple of weeks ago I put on a new chain and some new levers on the buse. And when i went on a test ride the clutch went from good to nothing in a second. Everything was fine the bike pulled just fine and i stopped at a light and when i went to leave there was allmost no clutch. It was slipping terrible. So i pulled over and upon inspection the clutch cover felt hotter than the exhaust did from the slipping. So I got her home and removed the clutch cover to find the pressure plate setting about 1/8" off the clutch pack. I then removed all the springs and plate and started looking for an answer. I did not find anything so I then thought I had made a mistake putting the slave cyl/ cover back on. So i removed the slave cyl and everything looked fine. The clutch rod wasnt binding or damaged. So I cracked the bleeder screw and pushed the slave cylinder all the way down. And reassembled it on the bike. Then I checked my stack hieght and put the pressure plate back on. The pressure plate was then touching the clutch pack but not applying any force. You could roll the bike easily in first with clutch out. So I opened the bleeder screw again just to make sure and no change :banghead:..............
Sorry for the book fellas I didnt want to leave anything out.
Any idea what it could be?
thanks

I can almost guarantee you it is not something in the clutch pack itself.

I would be willing ot bet it has something to do with the new levers. Did you get the pin on the clutch master cylinder back into the hole of the brass bushing on the lever??

:welcome: to the org.:beerchug:

As Ludicrous said, check your clutch lever especially that brass bushing.

I'm sure more will chime in here soon.. :beerchug:

Thanks
Yes the rod is in the brass bushing hole. The levers are oem black levers. And i also checked the clutch master fluid and its full.

Back