A great ride to ring in the new year

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
The skies were mostly cloudy, but the temps still managed to get up to near 60. There was no way I was missing a riding day like this even if buddies all dogged me. (I guess it helps that my "night life" consists of getting the kids to bed on time, and I wasn't up till 5:00 A.M. like my riding buddies.) I left Winchester VA at 9:00 and headed southwest through the high country of WV. The ride was a bit chilly at first, and the roads took a while to dry off, but as the day wore on the riding was spectacular. 265 miles of mountain switchbacks with no traffic or road hazards (except for all them damn flat possums, foxes, and squirrels). I passed through Moorefield, Petersburg, Seneca Rocks, Franklin, and Romney West Virginia, and met many other riders along the way. Lots of Beemers out today, along with the omnipresent packs of Harleys and an occasional sportbike or two. If this ride was any indication of how the new year will play out, it should be a great 2005.

Man we gotz to hook up one day and get our roll on neighbor.

Nice Pic, WB .

Ain't it great to be able to ride comfortably in January?
super.gif
Got my ride on today, too... and yesterday. It's been almost a month for me. I was about to go nuts! Hope it isn't another month before I get to ride again. If the weather is nice again today (Sunday) I'm going to roll out again. Prolly won't have too many more nice days for a while...

Great scenery. Looks like an enjoyable ride especially for January. I'm hopin' to get my ride on in a couple weeks!
beerchug.gif

Back