A final question about....

jdevarie

Donating Member
Registered
Somewhere I saw some bike stands that are supposed to be easily operated with one hand.

Does anyone know the brand?

thanks in advance

I use my regular pitbull by myself. I just take off the hump so I can hold the bike steady.

I got a forward pitbull stand this week. I'm scared sh..less to get my busa on this thing solo. I cant see the spool on the other side of the bike to line it up and its not easy holding this thing steady when you weigh 140 lbs. and 5'7" tall. I think i'm going to nail some boards together to put under my kick stand to hold the bike straighter.
Any tricks for this stand ??

By the way 5'7" and 140 lbs. my busa is a rocket
firedevil.gif

I use a standard building brick (fireplace type) underneath the side stand at home. Makes the bike almost perfectly vertical for lining up the spools. With the hump off you can hold onto the brace inside pulling towards you while you line up with the spools. At some point however, you will have to go for it and trust you'll lift it upright correctly. The brick makes it easier for me. On tour, I use the Quick Stand for chain lubing etc.

I always thought that having a few bean bag chairs on the floor surrounding the bike when I work on it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
laugh.gif

We have a cycle cat and believe you me, it's the best thing since sliced bread. (What was the best thing before sliced bread, I dunno.
biggrin.gif
)

Go find it and buy it. You'll be glad you did. Of course, that is a rear stand but once on that stand, the front should be a piece of cake with any stand.

--Wag--

Brand new board sponser HERE. Not sure if you can operate them with one hand but take a look. Looks like they put out a good product or I doubt CAp would lt them sponser here.

I have the Suzuki stands and find it easy to put on by myself. I place a 2x4 under the kickstand which stands the bike up almost streight up without the fear of falling over. I then hold on to the bar on the left side, the open vent looking thing, and rest it against my hip to steady the bike. I can then look on the right side to line up the spool. Piece of cake.

(kjkblade @ Sep. 29 2006,22:57) I got a forward pitbull stand this week.  I'm scared sh..less to get my busa on this thing solo.  I cant see the spool on the other side of the bike to line it up and its not easy holding this thing steady when you weigh 140 lbs.  and 5'7" tall.  I think i'm going to nail some boards together to put under my kick stand to hold the bike straighter.
Any tricks for this stand ??

By the way 5'7" and 140 lbs. my busa is a rocket  
firedevil.gif
I use my pit bull forward together with my baxley sport chock. The pit bull isn't too hard to line up....you just gotta get behind the bike and position it then hold it in place and slide to the side. Then just hold the side grab bar on your busa and lift up and steady the bike as you put your weight down on the pit bull. The only prob is you might not have enough weight to get the stand up. It takes alot of force to lift. I haven't used my pit bull without the front wheel held in my sport chock, so I don't know if the bike would be easier to lift with the front wheel rolling or not. The pit bull is very secure once you get it lined up tho...don't worry just lift her up
wink.gif

Beef needed to use this kind .....Pit Bull Forward Handle .  If you can't bench press at least  half the bikes weight , it won't work too well for ya .

my_other_baby__.jpg

Back