A few winter mods done

slngshott

Registered
Well I finished a few mods. Removed right front caliper and rotor to show more of my wheel and installed a new front fender with 2 vents in it with matching screen to the rest of the bike. Also aplied a smoked film to the headlight.Also new tires front and rear.Now working on the Warrior.

DSC00301.JPG

DSC00285.JPG

The headlight film I used(not in pic) is from Lamin-X. Not a bad deal. It made my light look as if it is smoked instead of having the dark cover on non stop.It worked well but I had a little dificulty with it at the very bottom of the light. I would use there product again. They make different colors. The fender I got off e-bay user Fullspeedparts. It came painted. I replaced the screening to match with the rest of the bike. It is fiberglass so also a weight reduction plus better air flow to cool the brakes. I will have to try and get some pics of the headlight done.

Did I get that right...you removed one of the rotors and calipers from your front wheel? Can you explain what are your thoughts on this other than it will show your chrome work nicer? Just curious about your ideas about the physics of stopping a bike...I mean is this just something you are doing for a show and it is just temporary...or are you going to ride about on the highways and city streets like this?2hip

I am going to ride llike this. If I dont like it I can always reinstall the removed parts. I dont do track riding or hammer the twisties. Alot of bikes only have 1 front rotor and stop fine. For the kind of riding I do it should be fine.The one rotor is larger than most bikes with single rotors = more stopping power that most.

Back