A Few Mods Done Today

Fireman6615

Registered
Well after all I read here I decided to ad some fairing screens to the old girl. I went down to Lowes and bought 2 pieces of gutter guard and a tube of Goop. Took all the fairings off and started molding and shaping the screens to fit. I was surprised as just how difficult it was to bend the screen to make them fit. It took me about 3 hours to get both sides done like I wanted it, I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist, critic of my own work. I used a little Duct tape to hold them while I applied Goop around the edges. I also shaped a piece to go in front of the oil cooler while I had everything tore down. It was a little hard to make it work because the top of oil cooler actually sticks out a little further than the trim piece along the top. Hers a few shots of the finished product.
I also ran across a Craigslist deal for some Nelson Riggs SSB500, Joe Rocket Tank Bag and a Cargo Tail Bag all for $50.00. Theres a few shots with them on the bike also. I need to fab up some type of bracket for mounting, not really happy with the way they hang. Cant wait for the Bash!

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Looks great!!! :thumbsup:

I am in the same process also, Rollin20Z formed some white heavy heavy screens out for me. I got one side done. Thanks for the duct tape idea.. I will use this to finish up the other side. Are you going to the bash this spring?

Looks good. I did mine last year at this time. I think it makes a big difference in the way it looks. Finished.

Back